Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change
Price:$5.00+ $3.99 shipping

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 11 reviews
on May 18, 2009
Phyllis Potts is the only one that I could find doing wheat-free, but not gluten-free. I realize I can also cook gluten-free, but this is definitely a niche book! I also got her other two books (Going Against the Grain, and Still Going Against the Grain), and just wanted to share that this one seems to be a compilation of the two (although with the low prices on the used copies of those two, they are still a great deal). The second book has a special section of bread machine recipes. This complete guide contains, by chapter: bread, main courses, soups, pies, cakes, cookies, sweets, cereals, sauces (and condiments), spreads, beverages, and miscellaneous. There is not an extensive explanation of different flours and their properties, but I'm sure that would be a LONG discussion, and I guess I can get that info elsewhere (in fact, i think there is a suggestion in the book about it). Many of her baking recipes rely on a mixture of garbanzo bean and rice flours. Unfortunately for us, my daughter's sensitivity (which is the reason I needed this book) includes rice--but there are plenty of recipes left for us to try. I will try to update once I have done so, but I am definitely happy with the possibilities presented here and thank you, Phyllis, for giving us this useful resource!!
on August 27, 2013
Immediately upon choosing to avoid consuming wheat, I realized that I must cook, from scratch and from a different basic range of wheat-free flours. I feel so fortunate to have found Ms Potts' (and others') recipes and extensive, well-tested techniques.
on February 8, 2013
I liked the few recipes I used and am looking forward to using this more to rid wheat from my diet.
on January 25, 2010
This book is great. Full of recipes that are wheat free; pie crusts, how to make your own noodles, bread & biscuit mixes,lemon bars, cakes; 300 pages of recipes! It has some soups & salad recipes too.
on July 29, 2014
Good source of recipes.
on January 18, 2013
I purchased this, with the thought in mind that I might opt to go "wheat free." It's a good book - so I donated it to the local charity - I just opted NOT to go wheat free. I would recommend to someone who has a medical need to go wheat free - because it's a very good book.
on September 10, 2009
Book was received as stated however so far the recipes haven't been that great. Haven't been able to get the ones I have tried so far to work very well.