Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 69 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 84 reviews
I was wondering with all the Star Wars books that I have-do I really need this? Yes I do! If I ever want additional information about anything in the Star Wars Universe, I can just look it up in this volume. To say that it is comprehensive is an understatement. You could read for probably 7 minutes on the Death Star and learn that it was a project of Grand Moff Tarkin and that they had problems with Sabotage initially as an example.
What's great is that it has taken all the information for what seems like every book in the Star wars Universe (which is a ton) and put all that information here for us to digest in easy sittings. The same strength is also a weakness considering that information is no longer Cannon with Disney having purchased the franchise but the information is compelling nonetheless. An example is in the Princess Leia Organa piece it talks a lot about Jacen and Jaina Solo the twins and her Daughter with Han whose prominence rises in the Thrawn Trilogy, but those characters will presumably not exist with the coming of the new trilogy. Regardless, a great piece for the big Star wars fan. Pick it up used for around $50 and it is well worth your money and time.
on August 4, 2015
A great way to be able to study all things star wars. Up until 2008. But its still the most up to date printed star wars cannon encyclopedia to then. Its a 3 volume collection in a nice collection case. The Volumes are hardbacks and made of pretty thick paper so you don't need to worry about ripping the paper. There are pictures for a lot of the entries but not all. If they tried that it would take another 4 books. I'm very pleased with this product.
on November 14, 2016
A very well done, descriptive, in-depth look at the Star Wars universe before they were acquired by the Mouse overlords. The original and prequel trilogies are very fleshed out here, as is the former Expanded Universe. A must have for any fan looking to obtain more information on characters, vehicles, weapons, stories, locations and history of the fandom we love so much.
on June 8, 2016
I got these Encyclopedias for my fiancé who is a huge star wars nerd. He absolutely loved the detail in them and we had a wonderful time reading them together. I would only recommend this for people who are interested in the old cannon (before Disney wiped everything past Episode 6 clean). It is a really useful tool if you want to write a novel about Star Wars or do a star wars based D&D roleplaying game. It arrived on time and in wonderful condition.
on July 18, 2017
This Encyclopedia covers a lot more than my previous one did. I'm thankful I got an updated one. It's 3 books. I can't even give the book justice if I was tell all the graphics and the amount of information here. I love it.
on April 6, 2009
The encyclopedia is thoroughly entertaining, especially as it covers all 6 movies (which along with the Zahn books are all I care about. How many 2000yrs in the future Skywalker generation stories can we stomach?)

My only gripe is that, unlike the Star Trek encyclopedia, there are no source references. For instance, I have no idea what the Yuuzhan Vong are, but it seems important, yet I have no idea how to find some stories or books with them in them because of this omission. You still have to use the Internet to google where these character come from.

But, it's all fiction, and it's endless hours of entertainment. I'll never have to buy another edition!
on January 26, 2009
It seems Star Wars has been with us almost forever.
I saw the first film while still at college and dreaming of a career as a visual effects model maker.
Eventually I suceeded, inspired strongly by the imagination of George Lucas and the technicians who visualised his visions.
As a fanboy made good, some of my personal dreams were realised when, almost twenty years on, I finally worked as a props maker on the last two Star Wars movies.
However, as keen as I was about these films, I knew almost nothing about the expanded universe of novels, comics and other media that has grown up in the same period.

That is where this book becomes really useful. There is a lot more to Star Wars than just the movies and this encyclopedia provides easy to find information and lots of illustrations, photos and art that all help to explain the imagined worlds of a Galaxy far far away.

Handsomely bound in three volumes inside a robust slipcase that feels like it will last for years, this will become my essential reference for all future forays into that galaxy far, far away...

My only complaint is the gloss orange and matte black book covers, which although graphically stunning, show even the faintest fingerprint!
This is one edition you may want to read while wearing gloves!
on November 4, 2015
this is for the ultimate star wars fan who wants to know everything about the star wars universe. this book has everything you need or want to know
it is packed full of facts and information. however it doesn't have as many pictures as i thought. when reading the information you want to see the picture of what the texts describes which it does just not as much. all in all great product love it.
on March 22, 2017
This book has anything and everything you ever wanted to know about Star Wars. I got this for my brother and he can't put it down! 100% worth it!
on June 5, 2012
Why yes, I do find myself running to this encyclopedia at least once a day to look something up. For all of the weird bits of Star Wars trivia that I find myself questioning, it has yet to let me down. If you consider yourself a fan of the saga, it's a good buy. If you're a fan of the Extended Universe, however, it's a GREAT buy. Makes remembering some of the bit characters that keep reappearing much, much easier.

Highly recommended, outside of the small scratches to the case despite the fact that it was inside the plastic. Not exactly sure how that happened, but this thing gets used enough that it would have happened anyway.