Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 28 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 33 reviews
on September 5, 2010
My son is in 4th grade, but writing is something he doesn't like. We have only used this book for a week, but he seemed to like it. It does take time to sit and watch him write the dictations, but it has been sooooo good because I've caught a lot of writing problems he has. I used the words he doesn't spell correctly as spelling words. My younger boys listen to the stories (I read most of the passage and 9yo reads the rest. We will slowly transition so he reads all of the passage.) and answer the verbal questions and they verbally retell the story and are learning about how to tell a summary right along with their big brother. Though my son is in 4th grade, the 3rd grade book has been perfect for him. He is very bright, but just has a hard time getting all of his complex thoughts on paper. I'm excited to contiunue this book. Also, his grandparents are going to take over for a few weeks while I'm away and I'm sure this book will be very easy for them to use. It is user friendly and very easy to follow.
on February 14, 2014
I was very unsatisfied with the phonics and grammar workbooks that I had for my son from the Parent-Teacher Store. A friend recommended this textbook instead, and we have loved it! He consistently loves the story selections they've chosen for him to read, and the learning format is much more interactive and creative than the Common Core based workbooks. I highly recommend!
on October 17, 2010
My two boys go to a school that subscribes to the writer's workshop and write,write,write approach. They did sort of OK - but that approach just is not building their writing competence and confidence. By 3rd and 4th grade, they were so down on themselves about writing.

I started my 4th-grade son on Level 1. I recommend starting with baby steps like this! The work was so painless that he didn't complain about doing this in addition to his usual homework. At this point, he is in 6th grade, his brother is also participating, and we do a week's work in two days: 10 minutes = 2 days on Sat, 10 minutes = 2 days on Sun. I spend only a couple minutes preparing. We skip a couple weeks now and then, because they really could handle higher levels. But I won't make bigger skips though. The whole point of us doing this is to solidify skills that his school left shaky -- I don't want to do the same thing.

In short, it's a great solid program and manageable for busy parents.
on March 27, 2016
Great writing program.
on August 25, 2010
My son was eight and nine-years-old when using this book. I chose it to supplement his public school language arts program because he did very little writing in school. We had not used the prior volumes, so it was a bit of a rough start. Despite being a strong reader with a broad vocabulary, he initially struggled with summarizing the excerpts. The first couple of lessons were trying and tearful. However, slowly and steadily, he improved a great deal and the journey was worth the early pain. We look forward to moving on to level 4 soon. Highly recommended.
on October 6, 2015
Everything you need in one book.
on June 24, 2015
Everything you need in one resource. Very helpful.
on November 15, 2012
My daughter was pulled from public school to homeschool after her self esteem around Language Arts started falling fast. I was concerned about finding a program that would help her learn without causing undue pressure. This workbook team-style approach is wonderful for the timid writing student. Its fun to work together and gives the student practice. This workbook provides the passages so it also lets me rest easy and not have to do the background work of finding passages. I appreciate this very much as there is no concern about finding the "right" passage and no concern for my daughter as she trusts the book to "train her" in writing. So far, so great!
on January 19, 2013
We have used Writing with Ease for several years - my kids have learned a lot and we will continue to use her products.
on March 30, 2010
I have used both Level 1 and Level 2 and am now using Level 3. I love Writing with Ease as my son has developed strong skills in summarizing and narration, dictation, writing, spelling, and more. He loves most of the stories as they are well selected according to age. The lessons are short and to the point. We actually do two days of lessons in one day and that works out well.