Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 20 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 67 reviews
on March 19, 2017
Funny but not a whole lot of facts, compared to other books. Don't expect this book to educate you on cervical mucus or the need to have sex in the 2 days BEFORE you ovulate. Still, this book does help you not feel alone when trying to conceive.
on March 8, 2014
Unfortunately, I never got to read this book because when I received it, the spine of the book was so poorly put together that the pages fell out. I sent it back for a replacement and although Amazon was quick to replace it, the exact same thing happened again and the pages came falling out of the book. I was very upset that I didn't get a chance to read it because I would've liked to. I do not own a kindle so there was no option for me to go with a digital version of this book. Thankfully, Amazon is so good about returning items that I will be looking for a refund and maybe try to purchase something else similar to this.
on December 30, 2013
I read this when we had been TTC for awhile and I started to suspect we might have a problem, and this book was exactly what I needed - it took me through everything that we could possibly go through on a journey of infertility and yet it was funny! We ended up getting pregnant about a week after I read this, but I am still glad I now know what some of my friends have gone through. Infertility is incredibly stressful and this book shows you that you are not alone and that one way or another, one day it is going to work out - and that in the meantime it's best to laugh at yourself!
on May 10, 2014
For anyone struggling with infertility I would HIGHLY recommend this book. My husband and I have been struggling for 2 and a half years trying to successfully conceive and carry a pregnancy. This book has helped me in ways I hadn't imagined. It felt like best friend at times when my "real" best friends and family just couldn't understand. Buy this for yourself or anyone you love. You won't be disappointed and neither would the recipient.
on June 1, 2013
I gave this book a 1 star rating because the ladies who wrote the book are flat out insane. I was really excited to read it since my husband and I have been trying for a while but the ladies who wrote seemed too desperate. They talked about how it is okay to show up at your husbands work and demand sex in the parking lot if there is a small chance of getting pregnant. I couldn't even finish reading the book because they were so crazy.
on August 21, 2006
This book is awesome. I am just TTC (trying to conceive) and this book really detailed the ups and downs of each month as you ride the roller coaster of your cycle. I also was reassured that if I have to take the next step, seeing a doctor, not all of the options for getting pregnant with help are as scary as I thought.

I highly recommend this book if you are just starting to TTC. Also, it mentioned the spit test (OVATEL) that not few of my current friends that are moms had heard of. It is an ovualtion tester that uses just your spit and can be reused a million times.I bought mine on-line for $22. Cheap and it seems to work.

Get this book.
on August 6, 2007
Thank God these women wrote this book. Until i read this I thought I was the only one experiencing some of these things or feelings. At least I know (or am reminded) there are other women out there who feel like freaks too. I would have liked to know how things turned out for them though. I did do a lot of back and forth to review things or skipped portions that didn't apply, etc. but since part of me felt like I was going through it w/ them (or them w/ me), I wish I knew how things turned out for them. But, for those of us whose girlfriends didn't have the same conception problems as us, this book was great!
on December 8, 2009
I am so glad I bought this book! Trying to get pregnant has turned into such a serious and hard experience for me and this book has helped me to remember my sense of humor. There were some issues discussed in this book that I realated to so much, and they seem so intense as i experience them, but as I read about the authors stories it was absolutely hilarious! Like obsessing over the ovulation strips! If you're having a hard time conceiving you will definitely relate to this book and enjoy it!
on August 21, 2012
This book helps those going through difficulties in trying to conceive see that you are not alone, and you are not crazy! This is just a difficult and trying journey. The book helps readers to laugh at all the crazy things we think and do while dealing with obstacles in trying to conceive. But it also serves as a reminder that many people have a hard time trying to get pregnant and that there is hope out there.
on June 26, 2007
This book is a really cute book and you learn about your body in a light hearted kind of way. After getting half way through the book I realized I wasn't learning anything new that I didn't already know. I really like Taking Charge of Your Fertility. Its a huge book filled of so much information and a book I can always refer to. If you want to get a book that is easy to read and you know nothing about your body and your cycles then this is the book for you.