Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 26 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 178 reviews
on May 26, 2013
Conspiracy Club is a good mystery before you even know what the crime actually is or who the suspect(s) is/are; the reader spends some time trying figure out whether there has even been a crime.
I have been an Alex Delaware fan since "When the Bough Breaks" but after reading 10 or so there is a sort of predictable if comforting formula. Conspiracy Club was nearly as much fun as the "first time". So while there is a psychologist-protagonist, he isn't Delaware, he has a different set of friends, he is not as personally cool as Deleware and he doesn't live in Los Angeles. And, face it, Saturday Night Live's satire on Californication echos of Alex Delaware's Los Angeles. So, this was a good solid mystery, with lots of good twists, with a different set of characters and context. Fun.
on April 1, 2016
At first I didn't think I'd be able to get thought this book but when it started moving I couldn't put it down! Super characters, great story. Stick with it, you'll love it! Completely different than the Alex Delaware/Miles Sturgis books.
on August 5, 2016
Great story typical of Kellerman , kept me reading. He had me sure I knew the bad Guy, but was very surprised at the end when I was wrong. Great read
There is no such thing as a bad Jonathan Kellerman novel, but some are better than others. This standalone presents a number of problems. The protagonist is a close approximation of Dr. D, but with few of his more attractive traits. Dr. C is too tentative, too young, too soft. The plot is interesting and complex, a nice variant on an old theme, but with no interesting twists and turns. Finally, the setting is fictitious, so we lose some of the texture and local color associated with Kellerman's best work (e.g. BILLY STRAIGHT). Having said that, the narrative is lean, the story interesting, the writing always expert. I didn't devour the book, but I returned to it whenever I got the chance. This would be a top book if Kellerman were not a top talent who always raises our expectations. Read it, but wait for the paperback.
on July 15, 2016
Interesting who done it, with new set of characters. Interesting plot and such issues touching a man who managed to help his patients anyway!
on May 20, 2017
The Conspiracy Club by Jonathan Kellerman is slow to start and not at all like the Alex Delaware books but if you can get thru the first few chapters, things start to gel. It wasn't long before I wanted to figure out how everything fit together . He did a great job of keeping me guessing until the very end.
on December 25, 2012
What else you can expect from Jonathan Kellerman, well a continuous page turner. The only issue was that I could not turn the pages as what I was reading was a Kindle edition :). Not only I would highly recommend this book for all the thrill, simplicity of the characters and the great language but I would also recommend Kindle PaperWhite. I was quite anxious before buying that and was real concerned if it would be able to give the reading experience which you get out of turning the pages but now I can't keep it aside.
on April 17, 2014
I chose this rate for several reasons. 1.) It was very easy to read. and I couldn't figure out who done it until the last chapter. It kept me interested. In other words I couldn't put it down. Thank You!
on July 18, 2017
Great read
on September 1, 2017
Protagonist's character is underdeveloped. Introducing the half brother as antagonist not as interesting as perhaps carrying the Dirgove line all the way through.