Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: Cards|Change

Showing 1-10 of 34 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 39 reviews
on September 18, 2010
They do suggest a few ways to use the cards, but we ended up just passing the cards around the room, letting the person with the cards choose the question to ask to the next in line. The best part about them were the questions. I researched every type of game/cards like this and settled on this one because of the reviews. I think I made a wise choice. I needed the cards because my family had a 13 year old relative come into town that we had never met. I wanted something where we could get to know each other without feeling silly or having embarrasing questions. We had an 8 year old playing all the way up to a 62 year old and we laughed and talked for a few hours, in the process we got to know each other a little better. I wanted some religious and values questions, and there were a few. I did NOT want any adult-only or embarrasing questions, and I was pleased to not find any. I highly recommend these cards for getting to know others. Some of the questions were a little personal, but that was what I was looking for (personal without embarrasing). I don't think I'd recommend these for a business setting because of that. Also, there are a lot of questions in the two decks, but this isn't something I'd want to play every night. Great for situational use, like I needed. They were exactly what I wanted.
on July 5, 2015
I purchased this set for use during a very long road trip. The topics of the questions are varied, but some are repetitious. It served its expected purpose in being entertaining and inspiring discussions that helped pass the time.
on January 26, 2013
These cards are great to use to start conversations with your spouse, teens, children, grandchildren and girl friends! Great for ice breakers for Ladies's meetings and dinner guests. Folk, we are losing the art of conversions because of texting and e-mails. Let's bring conversation back to the dinner table or just anytime!
on January 8, 2014
I recently visited my sister I had not seen in 18 years, she has teens now that I've never met of course. I took this with me on my visit. I'm a Grad student in TESOL and I thought this would be a fun activity to get us all talking and learning about each other, it did just that. I spent the weekend and we were all great friends by the time I had to return home. This game was the perfect ice breaker.
on November 4, 2014
A fun game with a group or played by only 2. My wife and I take it on trips and it helps with communication - gets us off of the normal topics of children, grandkids, work and health to other interesting things that spur discovery of our thoughts on a topic.
on July 23, 2014
I got this for my ESL conversation classes. It's not bad, but not great, either. Some of the questions are pretty interesting, but some of them aren't exactly conversation starters or very interesting (for example, "which one word describes you best"). There are a couple of duplicate questions in there. Also, it's not really a game, it's just a bunch of conversation questions on cards. There's no "play" element to it, which is disappointing.
on April 18, 2014
This is a nice game. It gets you talking about positive and interesting things at the dinner table. All ages like it, even teens!
on February 8, 2011
We have family dinners at least twice a week, with the whole extended family. We now do at least one of the questions at each dinner. The grandchildren are 8, 8 and 10. They immediately ask if I have a question ready. My sons were the most resistant, but they are slowly coming around. We are learning so much about each other, and laughing deep belly laughs, too. We are all examining our own behavior, and seeing how others see us. What a great idea!
on February 27, 2014
Calling it the 'art of conversation' is somewhat exagerated, I find many of the questions to be quite personal and others quite mundane, however overall, there is a large variety of questions and it is a fun way of getting a group of higher level English learners speaking on a variety of topics. I can also imagine it being a fun light-hearted game at family gatherings or with a group of friends to frivol away time.
on December 2, 2016
We have been using these in our church Life Group in order to get to know each other and build relationships. There are great questions. Excellent vendor!