Bubble Witch Saga 3 Vehicles Review Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

on November 10, 2012
I have purchased courses, read many books and reports on the subject of copywriting and I can tell you none of them even come close to how Bob Bly's book, The Copywriters Handbook educates and breaks done every step in a very easy format, that anyone can follow and learn how to sell with words.

Don't be fooled on how basic the first few chapters may seem, you'll find that Bob bly doesn't hold back on any of his expert knowledge on the topic of copywriting.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who is serious on learning how to be a marketer and on selling with words.
on April 14, 2017
I've been working in the ad industry for the past ten years. I will say that the techniques and information in this book really need to be updated for the current decade. The fact that there was even a segment on yellow pages really shows the age this content was written. There should be more focus on content marketing, blogging, pay per click, and social media copywriting. Instead you will find information on writing direct mailers, sales letters and old school print ad techniques that if followed will immediately make your client look like it is stuck in the 80's or 90's.

The tips for headline writing and copywriting in general could use a revamp as well. Some of it was solid, but a lot of the techniques will lead you, as a writer down a path where the bulk of your work has a very retailey, and click-baitey vibe.

"Act now and you can lose weight fast! Limited time offer!"
These ads make me want to stab my forehead with a mechanical pencil.
The old way of marketing is dead. Consumers are so very jaded when it comes to advertising. Successful ads are about creating customer relationships, and speaking to consumers like they are people. Not like they are just another sale.

Read this book if you are new to copywriting. But keep in mind the age of its info. Study the blogs and work from current copywriters working in the field. And practice. That will give you a better education than this book will.
11 comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 30, 2016
I read this book a week ago. I am wanting to pursue copywriting and doing the AWAI copywriting training. It really did reflect back to what I was studying and gave me perspectives to think on.
on February 1, 2018
like a college course in a book. As a budding affiliate marketer I found this really helpful for writing my ads.
on February 21, 2012
I've been a writer of e-books and articles since 2003 and a short while ago, I made a decision to move into the genre of copywriting. Bob Bly is one of the top in this field, and that's why I was initially interested in his book.

I found it to be a great read as it has a WEALTH of information within its pages. It's well-written and very easy to understand and absorb. It was a nice prelude for the copywriting course offered by the American Writers & Artist's, Inc. (AWAI) course in copywriting, and I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in pursuing a career in copywriting and even those who are already working as copywriters!
on April 19, 2017
As a newbie who wanted to learn copy to help my business I feel I earned a promotion by reading this 400 page fluff free book. Looking forward to running the table on his entire collection. Thank you Bob!!!!
on March 20, 2017
Very informative.
on May 3, 2013
Robert Bly is an amazing writer. I mean, seriously, how could anyone make the topic of "copywriting" interesting? It certainly was NOT interesting when I spent all those years in school.

This book is stuffed with top-notch content, "how to," and "why to." A book to refer back to over and again.
on July 26, 2017