Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 87 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 122 reviews
on July 19, 2017
I am a huge fan of author Diane Chamberlain and I read this book in one day.
This book was good from page one. There are 3 stories sub in this novel. A divorced woman with a seriously ill child and an ex-husband and parents who oppose her at every turn. Then there is the story of an aging singer/actress with a daughter in prison. Two men, her ex-husband and current lover are constantly at odds who come to find a huge connection to each other when they have their confrontation. The scenes set deep in the forest and the tales of survival make this a great page turner.
on April 23, 2017
The courage tree is a wonderful.story it has such twist and turns very entertaining start reading and be prepared for an emotional rollercoaster
on September 17, 2016
Definitely worth all five stars, this story is engrossing! I couldn't stop reading. It exposes the true grit of human strength and weaknesses we often display. You'll not be disappointed! Love every character and Diane captures an array of traits and weaves a deeply emotional story that will make you wonder how life experiences shape you.
on November 9, 2014
Some early bits were well written, but then there was so much detailed 'he said she said' dialogue, then a repeat of that same information, as another character gets told what the reader already knows, without any more revelations or points being made.Way too padded and slow. Also a very far fetched plot and a highly unlikely far fetched ending. No eluding, no subtlety. Not really my preferred type of read.
on June 10, 2011
This is my third book by Diane Chamberlain and I can't wait to read more by her! I read a few books by Jodi Picoult and for a change of pace I picked up one by Diane Chamberlain since she has been referred to as the Jodi Picoult of the South. Personally I think she is 10 steps above Jodi and since finding Diane Chamberlain all other authors pale in comparison. The Courage Tree is right up there with The Secret Life of Cee Cee Wilkes. I absolutely LOVED The Courage Tree. I could not put this book down! I got into the charachters right away and there are plenty of unexpected twists and turns which keep you wanting more. I didn't want this book to end! She is one talented author and I can't wait to read her next books! Don't let this one slip by - it is a MUST READ one that will stay with you for many days after you are finished with it.
on June 5, 2017
Very nice, touching story about love, the importance of the family and the courage we all have inside of ourselves. And, of cource, there are some secrets as always in Diane's Chamberlain books. Amazing story, a pleasure to read, highly recommend.
on April 15, 2015
This story about a missing child with a serious kidney disease has twists and turns in the plot that keep the reader guessing. The characters are well delineated and evoke the reader's empathy. The book keeps the reader's interest from the first page to the last. I highly recommend this novel.
on July 25, 2016
I am a big fan of Diane Chamberlain. I have read about half of her books and am in the process of collecting the rest. I love that there is always a bit of a surprise and that here characters are so well-drawn. I hope Diane keeps writing
on January 23, 2017
I am a huge Diane fan, have already read most of her books. The Courage Tree might be my favorite! I read the whole book in 2 days. The story and the characters are so wonderfully written. I love it!
on January 30, 2001
The Courage Tree is about love, hope and trust---the kind that so few people truly experience. It's about a young girl who has a chronic illness with a very poor prognosis--end stage renal failure. She is on a non-traditional program of medication that only her mother and a friend support----the rest of the family alienated themselves from the mother because of her decision for the medication. The girl's father also is against this method of treatment. He's struggling with his own emotions. When Sophie doesn't return from a weekend camping trip with the Girl Scouts, everyone becomes part of the "discovery"------of her, of themselves, of each other------and there are several surprises along the way. Diane has a magical way of introducing the many players in the "plot" without confusing anyone. She's also able to weave their lives together, adding some mystery, some mystique and unexpected endings------allowing you to get to know all the characters, to feel their pain, to laugh with them, to smile with them and to be happy for them. I hated to see the book end. I wanted to read more. But then I feel that way every time I read one of Diane Chamberlain's books. She's a master at writing about people-----making the reader feel a part of their lives----as if they're real----making you want to meet them in person. And along the way, you are not bored. There's also a sense of drama and adventure. I truly enjoyed this story.