Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 35 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 48 reviews
on March 24, 2014
This was bought for a loved one who had suffered thru broken trust in previous relationship that was causing issues and anxieties etc in new relationships and she didn't want someone else's past transgressions be placed on shoulders of new love that had done nothing wrong and didn't want the fear and anxiety caused from past relationship to take away from enjoying and savoring and trusting in new relationship but that is easier said than done... We got this book in hopes it might help at least a little bit (couldn't afford counseling)... she said this book helped DRAMATICALLY a LOT! That is more than we even expected or hoped for in a book. It made a bigger positive difference for her than in some other people I've known in similar situations who had taken the going to therapy route to be honest!

highly recommended book!
on November 9, 2012
I bought this book when I was looking for advice on better relationships. This has a psychological perspective to building relationships and does a nice job giving one perspective on new ways to look at your relationships through visual diagrams and surveys. However, some of the examples came off as blatantly sexist, especially the example with a woman who tells her husband to stop wasting their money. It was trying to demonstrate standing up for oneself, but when it concludes with "now she is free from oppressive male authority" it just comes off as sexist.

She really does have good advice on relationships, but if examples like the one above would offend you and stop you from furthering your reading then perhaps looking somewhere else might be best.
on June 9, 2014
From the description it didn't say it was mostly about trust issues due to childhood events. I was hoping more so in the relationship sense with a significant other that trust needs to be built up to again. Other than that, it has been a good book.
on March 8, 2015
A must read Going through life in such doubt of myself not k owing how to truly trust the people in your life that have never betrayed you but others that have caused such pain and grief in your life this book has greatly opened . My eyes and my heart to change I definitely recommend it
on October 3, 2015
I really wanted to like this book, but I just couldn't bring myself to read any more of it. I was actually looking forward to the exercises, but some of them require more insight into yourself than the average individual. Maybe I just need more help than this book can offer. Who knows, bottom line is if I had all this insight into my personality to complete the exercises I wouldn't need this book.
on May 9, 2010
I originally bought the book to read about trust after some painful experiences. I found a lot more in it. The author says that there are three distinct parts in each of us, the "Child", the "Protector", and the "Adult". Keeping this in mind i revisited past situations etc. The principle helped me understand A LOT about my own behavior and also the behavior of other people involved. This allowed me to reduce my own guilt for past mistakes and also my anger towards others. Moving forward it has also helped me handle situations better. My expectations are more realistic because I have a better understanding of the limitations of our human nature (in general) and of each specific person (including mine). I can identify if my or the other person's action(s) stem from the Child, the Protector, or the Adult, and respond accordingly. I feel more in-balance as a person and more confident in handling inter-personal situations. All this has helped me open up more, get closer to people, and engage more courageously in relationships with others. Overall a great, eye-opening, and very helpful book that worked for me. I highly recommend it and I hope it works for others too. BTW the book is thin but has LOTS of self-exploring exercises. Unless you have ample time, I would recommend to just read the exercises, then revisit and spend more time on the ones that apply the most.
on November 24, 2016
It was a little pushy and less reflective than I'd hoped.
on December 17, 2016
Excellent book. Great exercises. Helpful.
on October 5, 2016
Good so far and gives practical strategies to practice
on April 8, 2015
This book changed my life. I did not realize how trust is more than just in intimate relationships, but it affects every interaction you make. Must read!