Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts spring Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: Blu-ray|Change

Showing 1-10 of 3,750 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,992 reviews
on September 16, 2016
My grandson is only 2 and LOVES this movie! I actually think it is pretty good also! The Croods, about a cavemen family who rarely venture out of their dark cave for fear of dying horrible, prehistoric deaths, has a tight script, inspired voice performances and some unexpectedly tender moments.
Eep, the teenage daughter of Grug, her paternal warden who lives his life in constant fear of the unknown and has taught the rest of his family to live a routine, reclusive life that only involves emerging from the darkness every few days to hunt down a giant egg to eat. The rebellious daughter who longs for freedom.
The story picks up once the family meets Guy, a slender young man with a more advanced brain capable of coming up with solutions for common everyday caveman problems (shoes, umbrellas, stilts, fire, etc) and he warns them that, yes, their entire valley is about to get swallowed up by earthquakes and lava. From there, poor Guy is basically, for lack of a better term, thumped on the head and forced to lead them to a higher plateau. The fun here though is Grug's hatred of Guy's intellect and Eep's methods of courting a boy - which mostly involve accidentally pummeling him. Also, through the lens of Guy, we're able to see just how hilariously inept The Croods are at just about everything.

There is a lot of physical humor in The Croods, but - shockingly - none of it involves bodily functions! There's slapstick galore, and a ton of hyperkinetic action-y chase sequences, but they all come together nicely. In fact, one of the most entertaining sequences in the movie happens within the first five minutes when the Croods head out and try to track down breakfast. You'll still find a lot of animated movie staples in this one; the idiot, the sassy granny, the cute animal sidekick.
on July 7, 2016
Great, Funny movie! We have watched it several times already this summer!! The movie is captivating and very enjoyable. It kept myself, and my kiddo entertained the entire time.
I am so glad we were able to download it onto our amazon so that we can move from room to room and watch it without having to go get a DVD and switch it and go back to where we had left off. Digital downloads are defiantly the way to go right now!

I received this product for free in exchange for my honest and unbiased review
on June 9, 2016
I was so glad for this download! I received a free code. I am a new parent. A couple months ago this was playing on tv. I knew I recognized Nic Cage's voice, but I had never heard of this movie before. So I stopped to watch a minute of it to see if its something I would eventually let my daughter watch. Before you know it, the movie was over and I was wishing I had seen it from the beginning! Its such a cute movie, the girl sends a strong yet empowering message, and its very funny. Highly recommend!
on June 9, 2016
Great movie! My daughter loves it so much we get to watch it over and over again lol it's a movie about a family of cavemen who normally live in caves are forced to find a new home. They see a bunch of new and cool things on their adventure and also find a guy which the father is not so happy about and finds the need to compete. It really is a fun and interesting movie
on June 21, 2016
The Croods is a big budget animated film with an interesting premise in search of a story.It gives us a sequence after sequence of a cave-dweller family coming to terms with a a very fast changing world that challenges any notions of mortality that we may have about our homo- sapien forefathers.But then its an animated film and death proofness shall not be held against them. Heck! its not the case for any Die Hard film, so a bunch of animated characters have all the right to survive rough landings from zillion foot high cliffs.And since the primary audience for this latest Dreamwork's " product" is likely to be children accompanied by guilt ridden parents it can be safely assumed that all the cute slapstick action will hit home with its core tiny- tot audience.

As the cave painting inspired credits roll we are introduced via voice-over to the The Crood family led by a brawny father named Grug, who guards his flock with a fierce adherence to the laws of survival he has learned the hard way.It involves as less interaction with the outside world as possible, which means spending much time in a claustrophobic cave and killing all notions of curiosity, which killed not just the cat but most of his brethren. This goes against the nature of his vivacious daughter Eep who craves to see what lies outside the cave.The premise is as old as the hills and the Neanderthal man.Soon enough her wishes are answered and they find themselves catapulted into a world very different from the one they knew and they must survive and make up new rules along the way.As it turns out the only new rule they need, is that there are no rules, and they must use a part of the body they haven't paid much attention to thus far – namely the brain.Grug says he doesn't need brains and flexes his muscles to illustrate his hair brained point.

His foil in the new psychedelic, dangerous and seductively beautiful world is Guy, who is a young chap with the gumption of Tom Sawyyer and Huck Finn rolled into one, the type that young girls that cant help but fall in love with.Guy and his success in saving their fur covered behinds on countless occasions makes Grug jealous and insecure as the gang stumbles from one deadly animal attack to another.They will discover fire, grey matter and importantly shoes in the process.The cry of ecstasy that Eep lets out when she first wears a pair of boots tells us that in the very distant future a certain Mr Jimmy Choo will become a billionaire and male-kind's nemesis.The Croods examines its characters with the same nonchalance that Grug makes drawings on caves to illustrate his "put you head in a hole in the ground theories" and undoubtedly his doodles will not make art loves swoon like they do over the Bulls in the Altamira caves in Spain.The film limits itself to following the escapades of grumpy father, cutie pie daughter and cocky wise Guy at the expanse of the rest of the family and creates only unpredictable nature as the adversary.

The Croods is full of slapstick comedy and has none of the dialogues and word play that will amuse the accompanying adults.It has no story and little character development, not to speak of a background score that could have lifted the film up, when it threatens to sag under the weight of its animation showiness.Small children will love its a gag a minute format but older children, I suspect, will see through its severe limitations.The film has a star cast of big names doing voiceovers but I found none of the distinctiveness of Nicholas Cage in the voice of Grug. The animators do a competent job and the 3D effects are half decent in some sequences which makes the film intermittently bearable.
on June 16, 2014
I received this movie on the release day - 10/1/13 and I FINALLY got to watch it over 8 months later. I wanted to write this review because the AUDIO LANGUAGE AND SUBTITLES listed on the case (and box that includes the toy, Belt, only show the English variations. (see below), Spanish and French. But the Blu-ray disc also includes Arabic, EMHNIKA, Chinese (couldn't tell from the glyph), Islenksa, Polski, Portugues', Limba Romana, SRPSKI, Turkce (with dots over U and the French c with the comma coming off of it). The subtitles were the same except no Chinese glyph. WOW!

Details of item, c 2013 Dreamworks Animation LLC and c 2013 Twentieth Century Fox Home Ent. Disc 1 (Blu-ray) WS 2.35:1, Audio: English DTS-HD MA 7.1, English Descriptive Audio 5.1, Spanish & French 5.1 Dolby. Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish, French. The Croods in HD, The Croodaceous creatures of Croods, Belt's Cave Journal, Croods' Cuts: Lost Scenes, Be an artist: draw ceatures from the Croods and more! Disc 2 (DVD), WS 2.35:1, Audio: English Dolby Digital 5.1, English Descriptive Audio 5.1, French and Spanish Surround Dolby Digital 5.1, Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish, French, Dual Layer. CC. The Croods in Standard Def, The Croods for Portable Media Media Players, PLUS Get the free Croods coloring app. Re: digital copy = "iTunes account required." Running time: 98 mins. You get a real digital copy from the DVD which you get to keep and do not have to go online to download it AND a UV copy to stream. Not everyone has an Internet subscription with multi Gigabytes (or Gibbabytes) for downloading. It does not expire until October 1, 2015.

I really liked it. It was funny, very well done, great dialog, beautiful and very creative animals and scenery. Just like the case says it is an "animated Avatar" (which most of that movie is). The animals and flora were so colorful, mixed up designs and imaginative.

I think the whole family would love this movie and the only caveat I would mention is that the family is pretty rough with each other, especially at first.

The little stuffed animal, Belt, is little and soft and looks just like the character in the movie.
on July 7, 2016
Love this movie and what's not to love, it was free. I was able to download this onto my Fire 10 and it's a great to have when stuck in traffic, at an appointment or anytime needed to occupy the kidlets. The kids love this movie but it's also enjoyable for the bigger kids and adults.
on June 10, 2016
Even though I am a 58 years old woman I love this movie! It is a great family movie. There are so few movies now that you can watch that does not have cussing, sex, or violence in them. This is an action packed animated movie that also has romance in it. It is funny and suspenseful with a few surprises along the way. Nicolas Cage , Ryan Reynolds, and Emma Stone did an excellent job as the voice of the characters. I admit I enjoy most animated movies more than movies with real people in them. If you took the cussing out of some of the movies, they would only be 15 minutes long. I would recommend The Croods to anyone, any age, adult or child, who enjoys family movies.
on November 21, 2013
Hilarious! My husband and I purchased this after I was told it was a must have and my friend was right. This movie is great and you don't have to have kids to enjoy it. We have watched it several times and still laugh all the way through it. The story and world created is breathtaking and the graphics are awesome! Great family movie!
on April 25, 2014
It took me forever to discover this movie and even longer to talk my husband into watching it but I'm so glad I did and so is he. Really cute movie with some hilarious one liners and as always, a stellar performance by Emma Stone. It might just be her voice but her comedic timing is as quirky as ever.