Industrial Deals HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on April 30, 2014
If you are a CSR, a customer service manager, a customer service executive, a salesperson, educator, or business owner, you need to read, understand, and live by this book.

This book captures at least four decades of the best customer service training principles into one concise, easy-to read, idea-packed location.

I love this book for at least three reasons.

First, Richard Gallagher's writing style captured the essence of good customer service. As you read the words, you can hear him having a conversation with you. The tone is extremely personal. It is not academic, authoritarian, nor aggressive. I felt that way from the opening chapter. Then, on page 136, in his discussion of using Social Media, he writes, "Instead, use genuine, accessible language - the kind you might use with a good friend over lunch." Richard Gallagher preaches what he practices and practices what he preaches.

Back on page 22, I found the most important four words in the book: "He had my trust." These four words sum up the feeling every customer should experience with you and your organization. If your customers do not trust you, you lose.

Gallagher then goes on in the following pages offering examples and strategies that show you how to build that trust.

Finally, I love his teaching style. He tells stories about typical customer encounters that require a customer service survival kit, relates some typical "untrained" responses, offers a more customer friendly strategy and then challenges the readers to write out their method for handling specific sticky situations.

The rest of the book then offers a multitude of techniques filled with common sense methods for handling a multitude of bad situations.

This book is a winner.
on April 23, 2015
A must read for improving relationships through communication; whether working in customer service or just life in general. There's something here for everyone. How to defuse volatile situations before they happen. No special training required. I started using the suggestions offered and noticed positive improvements immediately. I am recommending this book to everyone I know. Thank you Mr. Gallagher for sharing these techniques in an easy to understand format.
on August 12, 2013
This was bought for my own benefit, however as a manager in customer service I can say that I had to share it with my whole team.

We have even gone as far as to use this as a guide when providing feedback to challenging situations (which we experience daily). There has been a noticiable difference in how we are able to now deal with those customers that are upset or frustrated.

I would definitely tell anyone else that is looking for ways to handle any challenging interactions, either with customers or in life this book will help you deal with those situations very well.

Maybe it one day we could have Mr. Gallagher come and deliver a training session to others in my company.
on June 18, 2013
This book has been a saving grace in a business that deals with stressful and at times abusive customers. I used this book for training and my Agents have been using the "formula" ever since. Bottom line is, 99% of the time, the processes outlined in the book will work. I would recommend this book to anyone who works with the public, face to face or via phone.
on May 15, 2017
I am in warranty service, this does not pertain to that part of customer service
on November 20, 2017
This book changed my life. I️ read it to gain some perspective on a new role I️ took with my company, and I️ found that I️ can also apply the teachings here in my everyday life!
on June 9, 2015
Some common sense suggestions, but good reminders
on March 16, 2017
Found this book to very helpful in teaching our employees
on May 29, 2015
Used it for work in the service industry. Great advise and easy to understand. Good examples of what to say and do.
on August 8, 2016
Great read! I can foresee this to be very helpful in my job and everyday life. It is a must read!