Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 25 reviews
on March 13, 2011
Awesome book! I whipped out the little sticky note bookmarks and stuck my nose into this one!!

I couldn't put it down... my fiance probably got annoyed with all the "OHHH!" 's and "OH look, that's sooo cool!" 's and "Oh my, lets do that!"..... but he enjoyed it just as much as me. He said the "diy"-ness made it more customizable, and being that it was, he felt more apart of it. That he could make a choice or decision, even if it was the color of the glass for the ball jar vases. (Blue or Clear) Or cool favors that he or i could put a personal touch on. And it wasn't cookie cutter.

We are 'tattooed', 'pierced' and 'alternative' people... but this book would work for anyone wanting to be really involved in their wedding. It's a lot of work... doing it yourself... but even if you don't want to 100% just if you made your own bouquet... this book is worth it. It also has website links for things as well.

Great find. Love it.
VINE VOICEon March 18, 2010
I ordered this book along with Offbeat Bride: Creative Alternatives for Independent Brides and Anti-Bride Wedding Planner: Hip Tools and Tips for Getting Hitched. Both of them were pretty lackluster, esp. the "Anti-Bride," but THIS one was 100% worth every dime.

This book consists of incredibly helpful advice (for everything from floral arrangements to picking out an officiant), very do-able projects, and it's all presented in a great, readable format. I can honestly say it's the best advice book, hands-down, that I've read so far for wedding planning, and I'd recommend it for anyone. One of the great things about it is that the content is appropriate for *anyone*, so I might spread the love to others getting married after us.

I definitely recommend this book to any bride who doesn't want to dump a bunch of money down the drain, and even those who will dump just a bit of money down that drain once in a while (for sanity's sake), and are looking for some level-headed, non-wedding-industrial-complex advice.
on February 10, 2008
After buying some other wedding books and quickly returning I was feeling that I would be unable to find a book that was catering to my non traditional needs. I was marryed last year with my friends at city hall and on our one year aniversry I want to have the "wedding" I did not do last year with my family. I am a very creative person and was planning on utalizing that to have a low cost DIY wedding, but to tell you the truth I was totaly over whelmed and had no idea where to really start. The fun stuff like dress shopping, invitations, location, and honeymoon were taken care of but there is a lot more to this. After opening this book and reading the first couple pages I felt so much more centered and sure I could have a 60 person wedding on a $3000 budget. Like the other reviewer I would say this is the bible of wedding planning and if you are planning a small non traditional wedding this is a must!
on May 31, 2016
It wasn't as full of information I had hoped. It was mostly about how to have a "green" wedding and get everything vintage or second hand. The crafts where few and far between for a DIY book. I wasn't impressed by it. I'm sure that it would be more for someone who was having a vintage themed wedding.
on April 3, 2012
I got this DIY wedding book over another because it was offered for Kindle (the other wasn't), but I wasn't really sure what to expect. I had bought another DIY book that was full of cute, but expensive & generally unnecessary wedding projects, and was a little worried this would be more of that. But I was pleasantly surprised. The "DIY" in this book is so much more practical than making a clothespin seating chart (like in book #1). It discusses what I consider "normal wedding DIY" like, how to arrange flowers & wrap bouquets, etc. Definitely recommend if you want ideas to cut down on the amount of contracted services at your wedding/reception.
on January 2, 2013
I'm the poster child for DIY any and everything, including my wedding. Our whole wedding was gorgeous and (excluding my dress) we had 250+ people, food, alcohol, and a PHENOMENAL photographer for under $5k. Although I didn't use many of the exact ideas in this book, I definitely was able to use it as a good jump off point! :)
on July 24, 2012
This book was helpful and well suited for a bride who doesn't know the market lingo and needs to keep costs down. Don't bother to read it if you've got enough money to spend or the bride would refuse DIY. I would highly recommend that whomever buys this is a crafty, down to earth person because you'll have to have creativity.
on June 19, 2013
This book was really helpful while trying to plan my upcoming wedding. There were plenty of ideas that I had not thought about and money saving tips were awesome. I am now ready to get married at my own DIY wedding.
on October 17, 2013
A lot of this book is common sense stuff. Stuff I already knew. I thought it would give me some ideas for a wedding. I guess it sort of does, but it's not as effective as I wanted it to be.
on July 19, 2011
This book is truly the most amazing guide to DIY weddings. Because it was published not long ago the ideas and advice actually makes sense. I got so much information from this book it was unbelieveable. Seriously if you are only thinking about doing some DIY wedding stuff get this book!