Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 54 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 62 reviews
on July 10, 2017
Fear/anxiety feels terrible. And it's normal. And it's the repression of it that really hurts. How did I get to middle age without hearing this so clearly? Thanks to Harriet's clear and friendly writing, now I have.
on September 1, 2015
The author shares personal experiences relating to guilt and shame that are very helpful to the reader and provides practical advice about how to deal with these feelings.
on May 28, 2013
Lerner is so real. She doesn't preach or speak like she has all the answers. She teaches the reader how to examine their own core values and truths and then explains how to communicate these to the significant people in our lives. She shows the ways we manage anxiety and how this can help or hinder our relationships. A terrific book! I recommend it.
on August 13, 2017
I liked this book a lot. I ordered many from this author and this was my favorite.
on April 9, 2017
Awesome. Reading again and purchased a hard copy for my grandson
on April 8, 2012
Not a self help book in my opinion though. Its good for identifying different emotions so later on, when you are experiencing them, you know what it is that your feeling, and hopefully be better able to respond in spite of those negative emotions.
on July 3, 2016
This book was purchased by me for my daughter. I have read other books by Lerner, however, and I appreciate her writing style and her common-sense, easy-to-understand approach to dealing with the feelings, emotions, and problems we have in relationships.
on February 29, 2016
While my specific fear was not addressed in much detail, I gained lots of insight about fear. I can use the anecdotes to read into my own situation. As with all issues if this sort, things usually work out better with a therapist to help you figure it out. Love all Lerner's books.
VINE VOICEon January 30, 2014
Very helpful for those trying to seek self-help. The author is encouraging and helpful with her advice and explanation. Thanks.
on December 18, 2012
This book is fantastic. She is funny, yet insighful. I honestly hat "self help" books. However, this is not one of those. She is smart, fun, and put your anxiety into something almost tangible to tackle.