Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 85 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 126 reviews
on April 16, 2017
This book was useful in that it discussed things I had not previously heard about, such as the concept of triangulation and histograms. It is a useful book too for women who are wanting to learn more about setting boundaries in relationships. It is a bit outdated (you can tell it wasn't written in this decade). Also as a lesbian I found it lesbian-friendly in a way that some books about relationships are not, but again in a somewhat outdated sort of way. Overall I would recommend this as a book for people (particularly women, as it does seem written more for women than men) who want to gain a deeper understanding of human relations.
on October 2, 2015
This is a theory of relationships book, not a how to book. It is well organized, systematically written. Written from a female perspective, but the issues are recognizable by men with spouses or sisters in the workforce.

Clear warnings by the author that presenting problem and solution histories in one chapter makes things look easier than they are. Enough stories without "happy endings" to realistically present difficulties.

Have read one dance book before, fear. I am considering reading another, anger, in the near future. Recommended by psychologist treating me for depression when I brought up marital concerns.
on October 23, 2016
This book surprised me in a good way. It has not only good insight on how women can achieve healthy intimate relationships but it depicts great examples of how other women achieved this. Lerner also comments on the social context of the women she is talking about; at times she talks about feminism and makes parallelisms between change in the social structures and change in intimate relationships. I recommend this book greatly.
on July 7, 2016
recommended and excellent
on August 15, 2017
I agree with another reviewer --- Harriet Lerner is a frigging genius.

Every las one of her books, but this is her masterpiece.
on June 13, 2017
Excellent read. It helped me tremendously in my relationships!!!
on July 17, 2017
great book.
on February 21, 2015
I read dance of anger before I read Dance of Intimacy. Both are very insightful and can be read repeatedly. Very simple and valuable. Though Harriet Lerner's writing makes the change the women have made in their life's seem like it happened quick, the women described in the case studies took time to make those changes. The author does mention this fact at the end of the book. Recommend reading it.
on March 24, 2014
This is wonderful!! Gives me a better understanding of some things I am going through upon finding that my husband wants a divorce. My therapist highly recommended it to me and I am grateful that I took her advice. Quick delivery too!! Thank you!! A+++
on September 4, 2017