Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,333 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,586 reviews
on September 2, 2017
5 stars for the movie and 1 star for Warner Brothers refusing to process the Ultraviolet copy! Seriously, I provided them a screen shot of my Amazon receipt and a copy of my redemption codes, not once, but 6-8 times with no help! Ultraviolet handed me over to Flixter who no longer exists. They handed me over to Vudu who handed me over to Warner Bros. Seriously, if you didn't want me to have a digital copy, don't advertise it!!!! Useless ultraviolet code. Buyer beware! GREAT movie, but it is clear that these guys don't wan't you to have a "free" digital copy.
on December 6, 2013
I have two of the same DVDs, and now I have it on my computer. I saw this movie in the theater when it first came out. I can't say anything that other reviews haven't already covered, but for hoots and giggles, I will. First, I loved Heath Ledger in this movie. Maybe it's because he was one of the most blossoming talented actors (RIP) or it could be my 'slight' obsession with the Joker, and equal obsession with the Batman. NONE THE LESS, even as I watched it several hundred times on my television or on my computer, Joker scares and thrills me all the same. The movie still makes me cringe when (SPOILERS) Rachel dies--For some reason, I still never expect it to happen.
Aaron Eckhart's performance was mind-blowing, and who can forget that guttural drawl from Batman. But the thing that really makes this movie blow the waters from the sea is the Joker. This whole movie is a mind f**** between switching addresses, attempted murder of the mayor, and other goodies. This is my favorite of Nolan's trilogy, and will always be.
on July 17, 2017
My favorite Batman movie next to the first two done by Tim Burton. Very great character development with Two-Face and The Joker.
on December 17, 2013
I'm drawn to dark movies with dark characters and dark plots. For a mainstream movie, I was blown away. You would normally have to delve into cult movies to get the depth of dark emotions which surface in The Dark Knight. Heath Ledger really stands out as his role as the Joker. I like that the Joker is never referred to as the Joker, although we know he's the Joker. It gives the character more depth and meaning without the label. And honestly, as you go further back in time in the Batman legacy, the Joker gets campier and campier. I think abandoning the label was brilliant.

The exploration of community and crowd mentality was brilliantly shown in the scene with the ferries. There was a lot of thought put into the instinctual nature of the crowds on both ferries.

I do agree with some other reviews that the Harvey Dent character could have used more thorough exploration of his transformation. Although, I don't think it's an unfathomable leap to see why his character transforms into what he does.
This movie was much better than I thought it would be. The story and characters were interesting and multi-faceted. I was really impressed with both Christian Bale and Heath Ledger. It is too bad a talented actor like Heath died so young. Christian Bale is pretty impressive too but his role in this film is not one of star. The other actors in small roles are wonderful and this is a successful big budget movie. There is the obligatory big noises and special effects and that can be a bit wearing at times. Still the story moves on at an exciting pace.
on June 10, 2016
good movie. one of the better Batman movies
on August 14, 2017
Great movie. I highly recommend watching the entire trilogy. Christian Bale is outstanding.
on June 11, 2016
Very nice, all i can say!
on June 13, 2016
Best movie ever...Love it!!
on January 8, 2017
If you haven't seen this movie you should it is a great film with great extras on this two disc set.