Industrial Deals HPC Trade in your textbooks Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

on August 6, 2015
Ok, with a typical ending for family based reading. I like Grisham and the manner in which he plans his outlines when he writes his novels. This was a change, but good. Not one that I would keep on my shelf.
on July 26, 2015
I taught creative writing for years and would nominate BEYOND RECOGNITION as the best-plotted thriller I have ever read, and I have read well over a thousand books. I love Pearson's earlier books before he started writing in present tense. He excels in characterization and the reader finds himself caring about the fictional characters, not just the protagonist. I loaned my copy to a friend and warned her, "If you start reading this on a Saturday morning you will waste the entire day because you won't be able to put it down."
on May 15, 2014
Century of the Surgeon is a book that would be extremely difficult to find (and perhaps to read) today. I really appreciate the brilliant Reader’s Digest condensation and have given this volume to a young nephew who is trying to recover from addictions, as well as to a relative who is beginning his career as an anesthesiologist. It is educational and inspiring. We often forget the past struggles of those who so changed and enriched our lives. Other books in this volume are also enjoyable but special thanks to the Reader’s Digest for making the Century of the Surgeon so accessible and readable.
on August 28, 2015
Probably one of Deighton's best books. He takes you through both sides of a fictional bombing raid that goes tragically wrong with details that show he did his research. The technical as well as human aspects of this war tale are rich and compelling. You learn things about the Lancaster bomber and German Ju 88 nightfighter that make you feel as if you are aboard in the middle of the conflict. And you are with the men and women on the ground as they try to withstand this unexpected onslaught form above.
on August 28, 2016
Much better than the Movie just because books always are better. I love Grisham. This was so out of character for him....I thought! Because since I've started reading again...I didn't do so for about 35 years...I can't get enough of Grisham's books about the legal profession with which I'm well acquainted. This book was so entertaining and though it was a little predictable I enjoyed every minute of it.
on July 25, 2017
Received as promoted and exactly as advertised.
on December 11, 2015
Wish they still made the Readers Digest Condensed versions - a great way to enjoy several stories without paying a high price for each. Book was in excellent condition as advertised.
on June 24, 2017
Excellent writing. She was right on. My experience was not so painful and in the US. Her writing is such that everything was captured and shared down to the varnish and starchy coll
ars.
on December 25, 2012
What else you can expect from Jonathan Kellerman, well a continuous page turner. The only issue was that I could not turn the pages as what I was reading was a Kindle edition :). Not only I would highly recommend this book for all the thrill, simplicity of the characters and the great language but I would also recommend Kindle PaperWhite. I was quite anxious before buying that and was real concerned if it would be able to give the reading experience which you get out of turning the pages but now I can't keep it aside.
on November 25, 2017
needed to replace my old copy, a classic trio