BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 6, 2017
She gives you a step by step on how to get healthy which makes it really easy to follow. Love this book
on March 18, 2013
This is a definite score on the concept of food combining. Whether it is scientifically accurate or not all you have to do is see her today. It definitely works for her!

There are no magic bullets for long term weight and it still takes dedication, discipline, exercise and good nutrition for results.

Five plus stars.
on October 9, 2013
I don't know, its kinda boring. I would have liked to see photos of some of the recipies and less of her saying the same thing over and over again. I like her ideas, have seen her on talk shows, but the book just doesn't cut it.
on January 9, 2014
I love Marilu's upbeat positive attitude towards life and everything that goes with it. She's inspiring and I love some of the recipes I've tried. Danny Devito's pasta recipe is awful though.
on December 7, 2013
I love all her books and the way she writes... Every woman over 40 should read her books. Even the older books are helpful. She is amazingly healthy and her tips and suggestions are brilliant...
on September 1, 2000
Marilu Henner's 30 day program is the most enjoyable vacation you may offer to your body.
Hers is a rather tough scheme but one that becomes second nature to you, once you have completed the full month.
I have started it twice and dropped out on the way. But the feeling I got after returning to my " normal " eating habits ( that of an overblown balloon ), made me start it all over again. The most important obstacle ( apart from our greedy selves )is,I think,the social part, in the sense that one has to explain to family and friends that this is not just another diet, in which the may or may not be willing to adhere, as in the case of the usual stakes,beefburgers and lettuce. I have now been dairy-free for a year. Dairy was for me the most fattening factor, but I hadn't realise that until I read and followed the plan in Marilu's book.
But this is not simply an effective diet book. The hundrends of tips offered will help you unclutter your home and your mind. Her style is friendly ( you'll wish you could pick up the phone and talk to her ), yet not coloquial, and she doesn't assume that every woman has the structure of a supermodel.
Let me just add that Amazon.com's service is just impeccable, and you have all the reasons to add the 30-day Makeover to your shopping basket.
on June 26, 2017
nothing new under the sun.
on October 16, 2009
I took the 30 day plunge and lost over 20 pounds! I didn't follow every recipe, neither did I purchase everything on the grocery lists. I used the tips to create my own menus. This book is guide to a lifestyle change, not a diet. At the end of 30 days, I was more organized, felt more energetic, and lighter! I will definitely recommend this book to those serious about changing their life!
on March 13, 2000
Though this book has some interesting information I find it discouraging to use for several reasons. First, the author failed to include an index of the recipes to refer back to. Second, many of the ingredients are unusual for the average person. She gives no real assistance in describing what something is to help one find it -- and I'm a fairly seasoned shopper and cook! Finally,I do not think the author is truelly concerned about her average reader. She is so idealistic she forgets many (most!) of us have limited resources in time and money. She can, if reader isn't careful, make you feel like you are a lesser-able person -- when you are really trying to stick to a diet and change a lifestyle it is quite discouraging.
For general information regarding her theory I'd recommend instead her other book "Total Health Makeover". Perhaps there are better cookbooks to use for actual meal planning -- I'm still looking!
on July 31, 2000
A winner - it became a daily resource in my kitchen. This dietary plan will improve your health as you effortlessly lose weight by removing most animal fat and all dairy from your diet. By following the daily menus for 30 days, you change your eating habits, retrain your palate and develope a knack for preparing tasty, healthy meals. The food-combining aspect - generally separating meals into fruits, protein or carbs - seems a bit silly at first, but in fact seems to aid digestion and help with portion control. Give it a chance. Then, after the 30 days, follow up with the new book of additional recipes - Healthy Life Kitchen.