YED Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Valentine's Day gifts in Beauty Valentines Day STEM Book House Cleaning Gleason Gleason Gleason  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 48 reviews(Verified Purchases). Show all reviews
on April 19, 2013
As a Graphic and Website Designer I wanted a quick resource to flip through for inspiration. I thought I would only glean a few ideas but as I flipped through each page my mind began to swim with ideas...before I knew it, I had created an art board with at least 20 new color ways and dozens of flagged websites to visit. This book has proven itself invaluable, especially in the dawn of the responsive website design era. I can't wait to create my own unique designs from the inspiration this book provided.
on March 28, 2013
This is my third purchase in this series, and they keep getting better. What's really neat now is that I have all three on the shelf and it's like a time warp into the past... so much of web design has changed. It provides very unique perspective - almost a chronicle of design over time. I hope they keep making new volumes. Will be amazing in ~10 years to look back. Also, I hope they keep the same size/format so they look good on the shelf. :)
on January 16, 2014
I'm a real web designer, who is posting a real review. I'm Heather Wood, of Ravenous Raven Design. I have purchased all 3 web designer idea books. They are very helpful in giving me inspiration when I can't find any. As a web designer, I don't always want to stare at a computer screen to find inspiration, so a book I can flip thru is great. I also take it along with me to client meetings in order to get a feel for what kind of website they want. Clients like flipping thru the book to show you what they like :)
on April 8, 2013
I have all the books in the "The Web Designer's Idea Book" series by Patrick McNeil, and I love them all. They are always very well written, and composed. The book is a must-have for any designer who sometimes just needs a burst of inspiration or too look up specific UI elements from others that are "doing it right". I would recommend this book to anyone in the web design world.
on January 9, 2014
I bought this book as inspiration for the visual design aspect of web design. This book hardly talks about code at all, which is great because there are already a myriad of books, and free websites, from which you can learn code. This book is about showing as many creative examples of web design as possible, from elaborate to minimal, to inspire you to create a unique design. This is more like and art book than a technical one, which again is why I love it.
on May 5, 2016
I bought this for my grandson. He said it had some great ideas. He was considering earning a living by designing web pages. I guess I ordered too many books for him and overloaded him a bit. He is very intelligent, but not very motivated.
on July 8, 2013
I liked this book. I wish there were a digital version so that it could be even more up to date. This book is good for all current styles and references and I found it very helpful during my internship and while building my online portfolio.
on February 2, 2015
This book is great for stimulating the creative juices. It contains thousands of example sites. However I was hoping for more interaction with the ideas and concepts by the author. What is it about that page that works and what doesn't? When does that concept work and when should it be avoided?
on May 25, 2015
I loved this as a designer who is new to web design I found it extremely helpful, full of great information and examples, the only thing that I found sad, and no fault of the author was a lot of the example links are now defunct.
on June 18, 2015
The Kindle version is not worth the money. The images are too small and many of the links are bad. I've add previous versions in print and I wouldn't recommend purchasing digitally.