Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 69 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 82 reviews
on January 9, 2015
I have done a lot of detoxes, in fact my Dr. would like for me to do one about every 3-4 months. This detox involves a lot of special food prep, which I am fine with, but it is almost intimidating to begin. Makes me wonder if others are having trouble starting the detox? My Dr. also does not want me to have beans or carbs that turn to sugar and this detox has all those things. I plan to make adjustments to fit a true detox which is one that gets the glucose out of my system through the elimination of carbs (of every kind) and sugars. I have a Vitamix, so looking forward to the 3 day juicing part of the detox.

I am impressed that it starts with a 3 day detox, then you can extend the detox by adding ingredients/food, to fit a 7day and then a 21 day. Like building up to the 21 day or just doing a 3 day detox and stopping there, when you have not been so toxic, but need the benefit, a detox offers. I plan on taking advantage of this detox book to get ideas on how to adjust it to one that benefits me.
on August 24, 2014
Well written, if only the author could come to my house, shop for the groceries, make me the food and help me stay on the plan! It's not a total "detox" as you usually hear it described. This is more of a eating clean plan. It is detoxing in the way it helps you stop eating the food that are unhealthy, though you are eating healthful foods. This provides great information, recipes, plans. You must still have the will, the means and the time to do the plan. Their are three day, ten day and 21 day plans. Someday soon I hope to do this!
on February 2, 2014
I read this book and almost went vegan. Almost.

It's made me think twice about the processed foods that I was putting in my body. I has definitely made me switch to organic fruits and veggies. Also keep in mind that he stresses the need to exercise and other stress management tools like yoga.

Overall, it's an engaging book that's well written.

Do keep in mind that you'll need some equipment (cash) to follow his plan. You'll need a juicer and blender. I have a tendency to research things and buy the best. So that meant I needed to spend between $500 to $1,000 just to get started. His first 3 day cleanse plan is all juice, so there's no way around it. Also, obviously organic fruits and veggies are more expensive. This is not a poor mans plan for health.

But, other than the cash outlay, I like it. There is no doubt that I look and feel healthier when I loosely follow the plan. More energy, better looking skin, weight loss...
on January 23, 2016
I saw Dr. Merrell promoting this book one night while my wife was binge watching Dr. Oz. I've lost 85 pounds over the last year and still have a lot to go. And having taken a greater interest in being healthy I decided to get a copy of The Detox Prescription. While I'm convinced Dr. Merrel has good intentions, the equipment, food, and amount of prep time to do the things promoted in this book are just not practical for people like me who aren't rich and who have to work everyday and are busy with family. I read the entire book and it is evident he is a smart man, but I can't imagine how I would ever have time to shop for, prepare, and cook the recipes in this book, not to mention being able to afford it. I know you can't put a price on your health. But its equally true you can't get blood from a turnip. And in this case my turnips are time and money.
on July 9, 2014
I borrowed this book from the library and knew it was a must have book. It has numerous recipes and detox plans. The recipes are not just for detoxing but to stay healthy and satisfied with your daily diet. I have actually talked so much about it that others have also bought the book. It is worth the purchase and my most used cookbook now.
on March 11, 2017
Great advice for detoxing without having to worry about nutrition.
on July 24, 2015
I learned about this book from "The Dr. Oz" show. I was disappointed that there weren't more recipes...they are scattered throughout the book, not in one or two places and have difficulty keeping track of everything. The actual Detox program seems daunting in itself as each "meal" is different each day. It all seemed overwhelming to me. I haven't discounted everything all together, but go back to it every once in a while searching for 'nuggets' that might be useful.
on March 21, 2016
This book is very helpful to me. When i haven't been eating as healthy as I'd like, i do the 3-day detox. Sometimes i just do 2 days with the juices i like the most; this helps kickstart me back to a healthy eating plan. Good advice from Dr. Merrell in this book. I recommend it. I even bought another book for a friend.
on January 30, 2014
The information is wonderful, but it is very expensive to follow the menus. Unless you already eat an organic and healthy diet there are numerous items you are not going to have in your pantry. After the first week I started tweaking recipes and looking for substitutions. Although I love beans, I got really tired of them. The soup recipes are wonderful. Several of the smoothies were undrinkable for my 32 year old daughter, and I had to chug them to get them down. We each lost about 3 lbs. over the 3 week period.
Overall it made me more aware of what and how much I eat. I will continue to use this as a lifestyle guide for making food choices for the rest of my life.
on February 2, 2014
I already knew much of the information. This book fine tunes it and puts things in order. It also serves as a guide and reminder as well as offering many healthy recipes.

Eat and exercise like granny told you to back in 1950 and use modern technology, foods and supplements all laid out nicely in this book.