Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Josh Ritter PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 11 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 24 reviews
on January 5, 2014
I like Jenna Blacks writing and sense of humor, and this series has and interesting universe where humans actually sign up to be possessed by demons - who are simply an energy life form. Or that is how it is supposed to work anyway... The series over all is good but seems to be dragging out a bit. The last 2 books in the series seem to be just running in place with no real development in the plot. This doesn't mean I am not anticipating the next book, but I really hope that the big event that has been building, and building to actually happens!
on November 10, 2009
I will be anxiously awaiting the next installment of the Morgan Kingsley series to come out because Black has my attention and I so want to keep it on her. The one thing about The Devil's Due that I wasn't expecting was the appearance of a certain demon at the end. I didn't think I would ever get to meet this demon and now I will when Speak of the Devil comes out next year. The dynamics of all the characters have just changed and I'm not sure how this is going to affect Morgan yet. Whatever happens, this is one series you shouldn't be missing, so I highly suggest you start catching up.

For my full review, check out Literary Escapism.
on January 7, 2015
Things are getting complicated. Lugh's family has expanded. Whether they are allies or enemies remains to be seen and now the demons have children who have grudges. Again dialogue to make you laugh out loud and wonderful exciting events .
on March 10, 2016
Great book! It was worn. Some of the pages chewed on.
on May 16, 2015
Book I could not put down! Jenna Black wastes no time get into the action. Definitely worth reading.
on June 29, 2012
This book didn't really pull the story forward as much as I would have liked. The revelations about Morgan were somewhat interesting, but her relationship with her demon didn't really mature and she's still screwing her BF around. I'm going to take a break before reading the next.
on February 18, 2013
think ladies about Lugh inside Morgan,no dirty socks or boxers on the floor,toilet seat always down,no chasing anything,no inlaws,&no night out with the BOYS(?). dream & read the Morgan Kingsley series and have fun.
on June 2, 2013
Again we have another spell binding adventure with great characters and a plot that makes it difficult to put the book down. Morgan is a fascinating gal!
on January 9, 2009
The story was fine and it moved along well enough. It's just, nothing really exciting happened. There were a few story developments such as new special host bodies and Lugh has picked some people to be in his "inner circle". That was about it. One sex scene that was decent. Eh. It wasn't a bad book, it was just okay. I wasn't going to continue reading this series until I read the good reviews here. I should have stuck with my first instinct and waited to see if it showed up at the library.

I hate Morgan. I can honestly say I read this series because of everyone else in the book. I think I might even like the bad guys more than her. She fails to see the good in anyone. She is racist beyond reason when it comes to demons. She starts verbal fights constantly, just for something to do? Has she ever had a conversation with anyone that wasn't hostile at some point? Does she have any good qualities at all? She even treats her saint of a boyfriend just as bad as her enemies. What is that all about?

Adam is hot, dangerous, sassy and sexy! I love everything about him. I love Dom too. This was the best part of the book for me. Both of these characters seem to be growing over the series so why can't Morgan? I wish there was more of these two and less of Morgan, unless of course, it is the three of them together... and she shuts up.

Lugh. Where was the endless flirting? Not in this book. His character was kind of dull this time around. I think I even like Rafael more than Morgan.
on December 3, 2008
I really enjoyed this book. Morgan is an exorcist who has unwillingly been possessed with the king of the demons (Lugh). He is in grave danger in the demon realm, and needs to stay hidden. If he is found, humanity and his thrown are at risk. Morgan has reluctantly agreed to keep hosting and protecting him and hidding his existence. Morgan is approached by a mother (Claudia) who wants her to perform an illegal exorcism on her son (Tommy). She believes Tommy, who was so anti-demon for most of his life, has now changed his mind and has agreed to be legally possessed. Morgan agrees that Tommy's sudden and bizarre shift in belief is suspicious. She starts investigating to find any evidence of Tommy being illegally possessed before he agreed to be legally possessed. Morgan and her associates; which consist of her brother (Andrew) who is also reluctantly possessed by the Demon King's brother (Raphael), the Director of Special Forces (Adam) and his live-in lover (Dominic); set out to find the truth. My only complaint is; at times Morgan gets extremely dense and bratty. I would like to see more personal growth and maturity for her character.