Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Diary of an Honest Mum
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports STEM

80%
20%

on July 18, 2007
As a mom of a 3 yr old, I loved this book. Let me preface this by saying: Jamie Oliver has single-handedly taught me to cook. When I purchased this book, I was interested in how other mothers are dealing with the "reality" of having babies/small children and I also love Jamie's recipes. When I saw that Jools had written this, I was naturally interested. I am tired of seeing the negative publicity surrounding her (Jools) and this book. This is simply a journal of her experience as she has chosen to write it. I give her credit because it can't be easy facing journalists and photographers daily and then the criticism of her book. If you are about to become a mom, are a mother to small children OR have had infertility problems, you will enjoy her book. I particularly enjoyed reading about her routines with her children, as I am always looking for ways to make my life easier. It was funny, honest and endearing. It is worth the money. Also: she includes some awesome recipes that my little girl loves.
on October 27, 2006
This is definitely a fun read. Moms out there will immediately feel a bond with Jools Oliver after reading this book. She's a dedicated, passionate Mom and she offers loads of girlfriend to girlfriend advice in this book. Only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is due to the fact I disagree with the fact she used the cry-it-out method, which is something I'm passionately against. However, all that aside, she seems totally down-to-earth and cool - someone I'd love to meet.
on April 20, 2009
I really enjoyed this book. I find her conversational and laid back style of writing a nice change from a lot of other pregnancy books I've read. She doesn't force her opinions but offers them up honestly for you to take or leave. A lovely read which may give you some ideas on how pregnancy, child birth and post birth periods may feel for you which is great when you're a nervous first time mum like myself!
on December 8, 2009
This book is absolutely hilarious! As a first time mom, I could relate to all of the ups and downs Jools went through with her two girls. Not to mention, Jools herself is a very funny writer. I found myslef laughing out loud at times! I highly recommend this book to all moms who could use a good laugh!
on December 2, 2010
I'm scottish and live in america, when I was pregnant I read this book, and I love hearing about the way Jool's had up her daughters in the UK and all the british products way they did thing.
thanks Jools it made me a little less home sick went i was expecting. it's a fun book anyone will enjoy.