BCA Month Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Albums PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 3, 2016
Outrageous and very,very funny! Not for the sensitive, politically correct 'holier than Thou' folks out there, but if You enjoy some really
funny s***, buy it. You'll laugh Your butt off! Mr. Cohen's style of humor reminds Me of the late 'Gonzo' Author , Hunter S.Thompson.
Nothing is sacred in this dvd. Nothing!
on June 28, 2014
This film makes comedy of the stereotypes that exist regarding Middle Eastern people, especially in relation to dictatorships and terrorism. The humor is interesting but I enjoy the film for it's truthful nature, yet it is sugar coated with comedy. Does draw a parallel to how America is similar to a dictatorship, but only way more passive. For example, it pokes fun at how in the United States only 1% or even less of the population owns most of the wealth just like a dictatorship. It also mentions other things as well, but it's comedy, so the extreme can be said and made fun of, right? Because if you can't say it straight forward, put it in a comedy film and put it on blast.
on February 13, 2015
Wow! People get so bent over movies involving Sacha Baron Cohen! We all know that he's Julien, the king of the Lemurs in Madagascar, right? Ooops! People are going to start hating on those movies too. Worst movie ever seen, witnessed, heard of, acknowledged!!!!! Really? What vexes me the most is when imbiciles view a movie starring an actor that is risqué, demented, brash, socially-retarded, or villainously hilarious and then get all upset because they were insulted by the subject matter. Borat rings a bell. The Dictator is not The Notebook, it's not The Wizard Of Oz, and it certainly isn't anything Hitchcockian in nature. It's a Sacha (say it with me) Baron Cohen movie about a ridiculous dictator, General Haffaz Aladeen in Wadiya (a fictional country located in the Horn of Africa) who gets deposed while visiting NYC and the United Nations. It mocks leaders like Kim Jong-Il and Un and Muammar Gaddafi, Idi Amin, etc... On the run from people that want him dead, Aladeen runs into Zoey (Anna Farris) a hipy-dippy feminist organic green-grocer who seems to attract refugees like a magnet. Although Aladeen had no intention of making Wadiya democratic, he convinces Zoey that is his intention, but first he must get back into the UN before it's too late. This movie is funny on so many levels. Sure it mocks tender subjects, but they need to be mocked. Hilarious. Snappy. Chockful of subject matter that will make certain people stark raving mad. Like Borat, this movie pokes fun in all directions at once. Nothing is sacred. If you can't sit back and laugh at the scary, despicable world then you are way too uptight and a nice mindless action movie might go over nice with you instead. If you wanna laugh and you don't have a stick up your booty, enjoy another mischievous Sacha Baron Cohen movie.

Dig it!
on September 11, 2017
A lot of funny moments in this film. Sacha is a funny guy with a hilarious sense of humor.
He can be very inappropriate (and sometimes downright gross) but I know where he's coming from.
This film is NOT for sensitive types.
on April 10, 2017
Super funny!!!!!! Would recommend to everyone!
on August 13, 2017
Sachs Baron Cohen is a great actor and I love what he puts out. The Dictator is a hilarious movie that I could watch over and over again. Two thumbs up.
on July 4, 2017
Great movie. My son bought this for his collection.
on June 7, 2014
THe laughs don't stop. Oh my gosh. I watched this the first day it came out on video and loved it. Although it was a little different than what I had expected. It hurts so good the laughs. Sacha baren has perfect delivery and can be a great actor when he finds the right role. I love sacha in this, I love anna , I love sacha's chemistry with Jason Mantzoukas . I can see why people would not like this film because it really is offensive in a lot of ways if you don't get the jokes or don't have a sense of humor or can't take a joke because it has a lot of racism, stereotyping etc. I loved it though. you can't take yourself too serious . if you can lay back and just enjoy the film an dlaugh it's a 5 star laugh feast. I loved it and today I watched it again and felt compelled to write a review as I always do when I feel the overall rating doesn't reflect the film in my eyes because I 95% of the time agree with the amazon ratings for movies. I 'm sorry but this movie is funny. it had me literally lol'ing multiple times. so great, good times :)
on October 1, 2017
Very Aladeen movie. I'll be buying it on bluray.
on April 23, 2017
Hilariously funny and entertaining.