Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Alexa on Mobile GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 21-30 of 85 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 134 reviews
on November 10, 2009
"The No-S Diet" is a revolution in dieting because you don't feel like you're on a diet when doing this program. It is broken down with three simple rules, and one exception:

- No Snacks
- No Sweets
- No Seconds

Except (sometimes) on Days that start with 'S'

NO Snacks: Basically Monday through Friday, don't eat between your three square meals. This includes healthy food. Instead of snacking on healthy food, add it to one of your three meals. Reinhard makes it clear that this is how people have been eating for centuries.

NO Sweets: Pretty self-explanatory- No junk food like ice cream or soda pop except on the S days. (Sugar in your coffee is fine, or jam on toast. Its basically sugars you normally would only eat if you were eating dessert)

NO Seconds: Meaning you are allowed to fill one physical plate of food with whatever you want (minus sweets)- and no seconds. Visual plates to be expected at restaurants.

Except on days that start with S: Saturday, Sunday, & Special Days: National Holidays, your Birthday, your friends and Family birthdays.

That's it. Pretty much a diet of what ever you want in moderation, and I dropped 15 pounds in a month. The book is an easy read, and well worth it! Happy weight loss!
on May 23, 2016
Just finished The No S Diet, and found it to be both extremely helpful and very entertaining to read. Full of good, old-fashioned common sense recommendations and strategies. It reminded me of when I was on Weight Watchers in 1989 (before the Points system), and I was using my own strategy of a "day off" or reward day on Saturdays. That system worked well for me, but the No S Diet is working even better. I've been doing it for a little over a 10 days now, and have taken off three pounds, even after factoring in five "S" days. It's also helping me curb my out-of-control sweet tooth. What I find particularly useful is combining The No S Diet with the strategies presented in Averyl Hill's book, "American Women Didn't Get Fat in the 1950's" (like Engels, Hill is not a 'diet expert'), which, like Engels' book, reminds us of how our parents and grandparents ate prior to the arrival of so much overly-processed and easily-obtainable snack and junk food. I recall rarely snacking as a child, looking forward to good (not fancy or gourmet), wholesome meals three times a day. Both of these books are allowing me to return to that healthier way of eating, and I'm finding that I'm not missing the snacking, and am compensating with better meal planning and with drinking lots more water, as I needed to do. I'm also combining the strategies of Engels' and Hill's books with that of David Zinczenko's book, The 8-Hour Diet, on my 'no S days'. I fit my three meals in between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. (I'm retired, which allows me to do that), and by knowing that those eight hours are my eating times, I don't even think about snacking before bed, etc. (I also sleep better!) Thank you Reinhard Engels for coming up with the "No S Diet!".
on March 25, 2015
Yes, it really is that simple. Just plain, old fashioned, good common sense advice that we all used to follow, and the majority of the developed world still does. I am using this in conjunction with Weight Watchers, and am having good results.
on November 17, 2009
Over the last couple of months, I have been researching (and unfortunately purchasing) different diet books. It was mainly an exercise in frustration. I found that the diets were either too restrictive for me to stick to, too vague, or just plain too complicated. I wanted a plan that involved few restrictions, a simple plan, no measuring or counting and one that I could stick to for life. Nothing I was reading seemed to fit the bill. I was beginning to think that such a diet didn't even exist. So one day, in complete frustration, I googled "A diet that is not too restrictive and easy to follow." One of the first links that popped up was the no S website. I had never heard of this particular diet before. I was interested enough to keep reading. By the time I finished reading the information on the website, I was sold. So I ordered a copy of the book. If you are sick of being frustrated with diets and yo-yo dieting, do yourself a favor. Trust me, and buy yourself a copy of this book. It will probably be the last diet book you will ever need to buy.

This diet features 3 very simple components

1. No Sweets
2. No snacking
3. No Seconds

Except on days that start with S. (Saturday, Sunday and special occasions such as holidays)

That's it! No counting, no measuring, no trying to figure out annoying portion sizes. You can eat what you want. And you know that you have the two free days each week coming. The book also mentions an online tool that makes it a snap to monitor your progress. By the time I finished other diet books, I found myself thinking one of two things.

"There is no way I could stick to this diet long-term, if at all. Who has time for something so complicated? I'm not a mathematician for crying out loud!" or

"What do you mean eat portions as big as your thumb? How much is that exactly? What do you mean wait until I'm hungry? I need a little more help than this please!"

After I finished reading the No S diet, I thought to myself

"Finally, a realistic plan. I can do this."

I am so sick and tired of fad diets, false promises, gimmicks, measuring, counting and other diet insanity. This book contains none of that! Just a simple, straightforward diet plan. If that is what you are looking for, then get this book. You won't regret it!
on April 7, 2008
I have been on just about every diet under the sun. It never stops, you loose then you gain it back. This plan makes sence. Very simple rules and the author has spent so much time sharing his ideas experences to help others on his web site free of charge. The book was informative and fun to read. If you never want to yoyo diet again buy this book. You will happy you did.
on March 21, 2010
No S is the most sensible and easy way to lose weight. The book answers a few more questions and is nice to have as a reference and encouragement tool.
on May 23, 2010
The book is easy to read. The plan is easy and simple. Back to basics eating. How can something so simple work? I know it does.
on May 12, 2008
This is by far the best diet book I've ever read and I have read zillions. I really like the idea that his info is on the internet for FREE, and he even tells you you don't have to buy his book (which was why I bought it). The book has a little more detail, but basically it's all there for free, if you choose to read it on his website. This is easy to follow and I have seriously found it very easy to do in real life. No hidden banned foods, no excessive exercise. Just 3 easy steps. If you are interested in taking back your "eating" life, it's a must read.
on July 19, 2010
Wow! No PC junk in this book - he tells it like it is. Very easy to do diet because it's not really a diet. It just makes sense. I highly recommend this book to all.
on March 10, 2014
I totally enjoyed the premise of this book==no snacks, no sweets, no seconds except days beginning with the letter "S". It works if you follow along. Weight loss is all about portion control & making wiser food choices.....that's the bottom line.