Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 9 reviews
on August 29, 2012
Full disclosure: I am a contributor to this anthology--"Frank Observations," a paen to 15 years under the Zen-like gaze of our mini-dachsund, who was less a pet than a third son and little brother. My review of the other essays in "The Dog with the Old Soul:" This is penetrating, well-written stuff, all around. I like to imagine myself as a Grand Master candidate in the "worldly" and "cynical categories." I'm seriously allergic to high-shedding dogs and all cats; I can't even tolerate a kitty on YouTube. I laughed and wept as I wrote my own remembrance--to be expected, given the subject. So did my wife and my sons, who--as a special needs teacher and combat rescue officer, respectively--are no pushovers. For me, the value in the exercise was just doing it. I had the same experience with each of my fellows' essays. Charming and straight from the heart they are, each and all. I am honored to be included in such company.
review image
on September 20, 2012
This is a terrific read. It's very heartwarming to know how much others care about animals...especially those abandoned, unwanted and doomed to be destroyed! These are short stories with a lot of useful information surrounding the love and commitment of others who care.
Joy, sadness, hope, and surprise are key ingredents that leap from the pages. You cannot love animals and not love this book. It is not only super reading, but convenient as each story is a short and complete read, making the book ideal for driver and passengers in a car. There is not one of the twenty-seven stories that is not interesting and worhty of your time. I found that it expanded my view and attitude on some of the animals that I've never had. I've given the book to three of my friends as a gift. Gordon M. Labuhn
on November 22, 2014
I just got this book, but am enjoying all the stories. I like stories because I can pick the book up or put it down without losing the plot.
on August 12, 2015
I was a little disappointed when I realized that this story was only one of many simple stories about our beloved companions.
on February 11, 2017
A great soulful grouping of short stories! And who could resist that wonderful face on the cover!
on February 22, 2017
Lovely book....old dogs are not only loyal, but sweet!