Oil month Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on February 2, 2017
Although I found the plot interesting, I just never grew to like Lexi. There would be parts in the book where she would go on about how wonderful she was, phrasing it as "not bragging," but at the same time she would be very immature or stupid while she bragged about being incredibly smart. The story also had a love triangle between her and two guys who just both seemed too good to be true, who both adored her and put up with whatever childish thing she did (so maybe they were the idiots?). Throughout the book, Lexi stays as immature as always, despite her struggles (though most were very superficial). I feel this whole book could be summed up like this: immature, supposedly brilliant girl has to choose between two boys who each declare their undying love for her, coddle her in even her most ridiculous moments, and constantly stoke her ego while she accomplishes tasks and learns new skills with disgustingly little effort.

Did I mention that she lives with a filthy rich aunt, who spoils her at every moment? And that one of the guys who adores her is some super-powerful gifted one?

It was a nice little read, but Ms. Castle should've taken more time to develop the story, and especially work on her main character. What started out as an intriguing story was overwhelmed with cliches and references that didn't make much sense, not to mention a protagonist that you wanted to see fail. And even though the end finally explains about the dragon flies, it still didn't make sense to me why Lexi was dreaming of them.
on May 7, 2013
I was just as lost as Lexi at the beginning and was wondering did she hear voices in her head, something paranormal or what. We soon got an answer and then more issues to resolve. Poor Lexi was stuck between two worlds. I was rooting for her to stay with her Aunt and Chase. Her parents had each other but her aunt only had her. And William- she just described him as too perfect. I never like the perfect male love interests. I like the more real ones like Chase (though even he was a bit unbelievable in power and status- at least he didn't come off that way to Lexi). This book was packed with action and mystery and bit of romance thrown in.
on April 6, 2013
The story format, the characters, all seem 'done before'. Girl torn between two lovers with a twist; one lives in another dimension. Apparently one of the lovers was met while the heroine of our story was in a coma received after she was in a traumatic accident that nearly takes her life. Through the coma she 'travelled' and spent time in that alternative universe and had a jolly time romping around with that darling.

There's sort of an X Men 'borrowing' feel to the book. Our heroine, the reader discovers, finds out after she wakes from that coma, she's part of a group of super hero type folks and everyone has a separate but special power. They train so they can one day join together to fight the evil forces that lurk in that alternative dimension where, low and behold her other lover lives! If you guessed the Other Love Interest just happens to be the leader of the X-Men-Type-Super-heroes you were correct.

The ending was actually well done and at last the reader learns for the reason of the title of the book. Perhaps this book would work for the early adolescent readers.
on June 6, 2013
Jacquelyn Castle hit it out of the park with her debut novel. The Dragonfly Prophecy is a unique story of teenager Lexi Blane who is caught in a love triangle with William and Chace. One is from this world and the other is from an alternate universe. Little does she know she is not who she thinks she is either and her choices could change the world as we know it..forever. I really enjoyed this book, Ms. Castle is brilliant and has a great imagination. In my opinion this book has not gotten the attention it should. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a good read.
on February 8, 2013
This was a delightful story. The writing is vivid enough to feel as though you are standing right there watching it happen. I liked the twists to the plot; just enough to keep you guessing a bit. It does get a bit outlandish in one chapter close to the end, but this is paranormal fiction! This book really keeps you guessing as to who is whom they say they are, and who is not. This is a very enjoyable story.
on March 14, 2013
Wonderfully perfect! Thats the first thought that came across my mind after reading The Dragonfly Prophecy. I couldn't believe and never expected the ending will be as such, great! I adore how the author handled every details and characters in the story.. Who would have imagined what life lies on the other side of the world? And you will experience it while sleeping? or in coma? That makes the author a genius. Jacquelyn Castle was able to connect the two different worlds with clean execution. And with the extraordinary paranormal cast and great story twist, I myself kept on guessing who's bad and who's good! I even thought that the other world for Lexi Blane is her real world and the real world is not where she lives. Thats how it complicates your mind and you'll do nothing but to read on 'till you find out the truth behind. The moment i started reading it, i got glued non-stop! Thumbs-up!
on January 10, 2013
This book was recommended to me by my cousin, who went to school with the author, so I gave it a try. I'm so glad I did!

Once I started reading, I couldn't put the book down. I finished the book in one day! I love nothing more than a little mystery and romance entwined together. I couldn't turn the pages fast enough.

The Dragonfly Prophecy is a great read for teens through adults.

I can't wait for books two and three to be published!!!

Thanks Jaki!!!
on January 19, 2013
Very interesting perception regarding life after death. We all would like to believe that with death there is another life. There is but my belief is a little more realistic. Very good read. I was truly rooting for William and Lexington but of course the one that seems right is never the right one. Wish that it would've been more!
on January 21, 2013
I really enjoyed this book. Like reading fantasy and this one fit the bill kept me reading not wanting to put it down lots of twist you didn't see coming. Great read.
on February 3, 2013
I enjoyed this book very much. Had unexpected twists and turn. I think this a must read for all who love the unexpected.