Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 171 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 213 reviews
on April 7, 2016
Can not say enough of how much we love these books! We received couple of the Pigeon series for our son's 3rd birthday from our friend who is a school counselor. She said the kids at her school loved these books and that it was really great for development. At first, I wasn't sure how I felt about the books as the characters (mainly Pigeon) flies off the handle and has quite the melt downs and tantrums (I was afraid my son would think it was funny and acceptable to behave this way too) but soon I realized that wasn't the case. The characters have full and complex emotions such as frustration and sadness and that really connected with my son because he gets frustrated and sad too. My 3 year old son and I talked about why the character was angry, frustrated, and/or sad and now my son tells me when he feels angry, frustrated or sad. It really is great for child development! But that involves the parents talking about the book and why the characters and behaving the way they are. We will be continually adding the Pigeon series to our collection. I have NOT been given these books for free or at a discount. I offer you my 100% unbiased recommendation.
on November 3, 2016
Mo Willems never ceases to get laughs out of the little ones. This Pigeon book has the duckling politely asking for a cookie and receiving it, while the pigeon acts like his typical self and goes on a little rant about it. The duckling proceeds to give the Pigeon his cookie and then goes away and asks for another cookie but this time with no nuts. It is entertaining and funny. My 3 year old daughter likes to reenact this book. It is one of our favorites in the Pigeon series.
on January 20, 2017
We love reading this book to our son! Without fail, my son brings Mo willem's book at least 3x a week! We have all his collection. It's fun and captures the attention of our toddler.
on August 6, 2016
My daughter and I love Mo Willems and all the Pigeon books that he writes. I bought this for my daughter after we received the book, "Don't Let The Pigeon Drive the Bus", it's another hilarious, cute, and enjoyable book. This book teaches how to be polite and how to share. The hardcovers are always best because they stay in great condition. This book has met our expectations and at the moment we will continue to purchase more Pigeon books.
on October 3, 2016
Love this story but unfortunately the book arrived with a tear in the spine of it. I highly recommend all of Mo Willems books. They are fun for the whole family. I'm disappointed the book arrived damaged as the packaging was fine.
review image review image
on August 12, 2017
My preschoolers love this book! The pigeon is so much fun :)
on June 7, 2017
Kids love this book. I have 5 kids and even my "big kids" get a kick out of the pigeon books.
on March 17, 2017
My three year old loves the Pigeon series. They are quite funny. A must read for young toddlers.
on May 11, 2012
In typical fashion, Pigeon loses his cool upon discovering that the Duckling has received a cookie simply by asking for it... and the story unfolds from there. In the end, of course, Pigeon has no idea that Duckling has outsmarted him again (the first time being in The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog!).

Part of my job is working with primary grades, and I find that the kindergarteners especially love all of the Pigeon series and the way they are invited to interact directly with the text. In fact, their classroom teacher today is having them create their own Pigeon cartoons, as this is the 4th Pigeon book we have read together this year.

I have grown into a huge Mo Willem's fan as I've started working with younger and younger grades, and this episode of Pigeon is sure to delight.
on April 28, 2016
I read this to a group of kids ages 2-6, and they hung on every word, and boy oh boy were they surprised and delighted and truly relieved when they understood the deeply generous deed the duckling had in mind for his friend, the pigeon. (Only one child in the group I read it to picked up on the slightly self serving motivation of the duckling). This I think is my favorite of all the pigeon books.