Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

on June 6, 2017
I had recorded the show on my DVR when it was shown on PBS and expected to keep it indefinitely, but it got deleted during a power failure. Not knowing when it would be rebroadcast, I bought the DVD. The program is fabulous; I can watch it over and over. At age 74, I'm not a contemporary music fan or a "rocker" -- in fact just about all of the music (?) broadcast on the airwaves is....well, I don't want to get censored out here! I have to admit, even going back to the 70s, I never followed McDonald, Scaggs and Fagen (how can anyone not like Steely Dan, right?), but this show just knocked my socks off in all respects. The unique performances of the "Dukes", the musical arrangements (which to me sounded more like a blend of contemporary sounds and jazz), the musical harmonies of the saxes and trumpet, and the musicians who are as artful and skilled as you can get. The drummer was just fantastic -- he kept the rhythm going in perfect syncopation and defined his "style" without hogging the performance. All in all, a thoroughly enjoyable show presented by a group of unique artists.
on January 2, 2017
Enjoyed the solos from Fagen--never a strong voice, but clearly making concessions to more limited range--and McDonald, also exhibiting some voice limitations.

But Boz Scaggs knocked me out, voice as good as ever, and making sharp contributions on guitar as well.

Otherwise, the band is largely the musicians backing Becker and Fagen for Steely Dan tours, so they're tighter that two pairs of Spanx. Sound recording is good, the camera work is solid if unspectacular. In all, a great show.
on March 17, 2015
Excellent concert & good quality audio & video. Boz just about steals the show & Monet is grand as always .Couldn't go to live concert when it was in town , but this Blue ray is almost as good as being there. Great musicians in band , very tight. You won't regret getting this disc. The "DUKES" are as good as they ever were, age hasn't diminished their voices .
on November 9, 2015
Incredible live concert featuring Boz Scaggs, Donald Fagen & Michael McDonald! While McDonald's vocals are not what they once were (or maybe he was having an "off" night, but these musicians are all so talented, surely they could have played his songs in a lower key to provide his throat some relief) the concert overall is spectacular! It's given me a whole new appreciation for Fagen's genius and for more of his solo work and Steely Dan. And of course, Scaggs is the whole reason I bought this DVD. I LOVE his sound, his style, and his everlasting cool!
on April 14, 2014
A tight band, three of the most distinctive singers of the 70s and 80s pop scene, wonderful musicianship all around, and a good production (sound mix, eq, camer angles, etc) make this a must have for fans of any of the main attractions.Each of the main attractions (Mike, Donald, and Boz) get lots of screen time, each gets to perform fan favorites, they compliment each other musically (vocally and instrumentally), and as an added bonus, we get to hear the amazing Jon Herington all ove the place.
This purchase was a no brainer, and I have no regrets.
on May 19, 2014
I remember seeing a promotion for an upcoming concert for these guys a year or two back. I was very curious as to how good they would be together. Individually, I am a Big Boz Scaggs fan, I really like Donald Fagan and Steely Dan & although I actually preferred the Doobie Brothers pre Michael McDonald, I do like Michael McDonald. When I saw this DVD (new at a great price nonetheless) it was a must have for me. It is a great show & they really complement one another very well. They are doing their own individual tunes as well as doing music from the past that influenced them individually. They rotate back & forth between taking the lead on songs & back one another up on each others songs. The thing that surprised me was how well they meshed with one another and harmonized together. A great line up of songs and a very different concert to put on. I play a lot of concerts on the home theater and you usually have one band on for 90 minutes or so. It is great to put a concert on and have this great variety within the show and not have any real lulls. Buy & enjoy, you won't be disappointed.
on May 28, 2017
Just had to add my voice to the chorus of rave reviews. If you have even a passing interest in any of these three artists, buy this. You owe it to yourself. Some people have said that Michael McDonald's voice is a bit rough and that's true, but he's still great, especially on "Takin' it to the Streets" and the closing song, "Them Changes". Donald Fagan is his usual self (and he does look like Bernie Sanders as someone said, I couldn't put my finger on who he reminded me of!). Boz Scaggs is outstanding. He continually kills it and makes it look easy. So cool. His voice is easily as good or better than it was in the 70's. He really shines on "The Same Thing", "Love T.K.O.". the verse he sings on "Pretzel Logic", and of course, "Lowdown". If you want to hear great musicians laying down a great groove, get this. Makes you wish you had been there.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 20, 2016
There's always a risk with buying a concert online, and I have high expectations for videography and sound quality, and this measures up!! Great job by all 3 artists. I didn't know Donald Fagen but sure recognized his music and the addition of Boz Scaggs is the icing on the cake. So worth the money for Blue Ray version!
on June 16, 2014
I've seen the Dukes Live several times, having taken them in at various places over the years, Minneapolis, Aspen, and Chicago. They never disappoint because frankly, these three guys really ENJOY this format and being able to get outside of their personal bands and projects and just play with their friends and a killer set of musicians. If you've never seen Steely Dan, The Doobie Brothers, or Boz Scaggs live, you're in for an unbelievable treat, because this Blu-ray is like getting to see the high points of all three performers.
The band is incredible, and their performances on this wonderful night at Lincoln Center are superb. Jon Herrington is an amazing guitarist, the horn section is world class, the bass is handled with aplomb by Freddie Washington, and the backup singers are incredible! Both Carolyn Leonhart and Monet Owens are at the top of their industry for their performance chops. Check out Monet on her duet with Boz for "Miss Sun." They've been doing this song together regularly for a good fifteen years, and it never gets stale.
The lineup of songs that the Dukes cover is a Hall of Fame of seventies, eighties and more recent classics, including gems from all three performers careers. Highlights are many, but my favorite moments in the show are: I Keep Forgettin', Miss Sun, Love T.K.O., Peg, Lowdown, Takin' It To The Streets, and Pretzel Logic. The Dukes' cover of Them Changes and their cover of Who's That Lady would have made Steve Winwood and The Isley Brothers proud.
This show gives me chills at times, and you will want to add this to your concert collection. Be prepared to be surprised by how good this is and how strong it is from start to finish. These guys are some of the finest singers and performers in the business, and you'll be glad you gave this a watch and a listen!
on April 3, 2015
Buying this 2014 Live Concert DVD is a no brainer if you love Donald Fagen (Aja), Michael McDonald (Doobie Brothers) and Boz Scaggs! I've seen all three in their own Live Concert DVD's made years ago and not real impressed. But, the magic all comes together with this one...and the producer and sound / lighting techs made it great as well. Also, you can tell all three musicians are close and comfortable singing together, etc.

If I was to pick the best performer it would have to be Boz Scaggs. His voice sounded great just like back in the 70's and early 80's. And his "Miss Sun" duet with one of his backup singers was a highlight of the Concert. Of course, Donald Fagen and Michael McDonald were awesome in their own right too! I'm just so happy saw this DVD when surfing around Amazon Music, etc..