Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on March 26, 2012
*Updates 05.06.2015*

I have few matters with this book which kind of its contradict itself. On page 155 on the book, Katz asked and answered "Can I Pray Directly To God?" / "The intellect can not communicate directly with God."

Maybe not the intellect itself but on subconscious level we still can so that's why Morrnah has her own Hooponopono PRAYER. She PRAYED too to let God's divine love in to clean and erase memories. So yes we CAN actually pray directly yo God but there are also ways to pray with keeping ego's wants outside which explained by Dr. Norman Vincent Peale and Dr. Joseph Murphy.

Another couple of questions on pages 156 and 157 is "What about setting goals, affirmations and visualizations"

Mabel Katz said NO to those because of her training she got from Ihaleakala. Dr. Ihaleakala Hew Len perhaps not doing affirmations and setting goals or practicing visualizations but because the divine inspiration he got for HIMSELF. While doing Hooponopono he received the inspiration of doing nothing but cleaning, because that's his life goal.

But everyone of us is different. When I do the cleaning I usually get different inspirations... Like setting a goal, doing a certain project, taking a certain action, doing visualizations and affirmations / praying. Because Divine Love inspires me in a certain way... Because everyone walking on a different path.

I'm personally doing Hooponopono to clean and erase erroneous memories / repeating subconscious programs and ALSO letting go the attachments between I am and my goals and expectations. Letting Go & Letting God creates miracles and its working for me that way.

So every person who is into Hooponopono interpreting it on their own way. As you all well should do...

***

Previous Review with the title: it works...

This is the best single book ever written about the most powerful thing I've ever seen in my whole life, called Ho'ponopono. I'm writing this sincerely as a Turkish person who lives in Turkey - and surrounded by negativity, lack, bigotry, dogma, ignorance and despair. And I'm not working on Self Development industry, I'm a passionate 3D artist, designer & photographer.

First of all I'd like to inform you that this is not about winning your famous "$1.000.000". After The Secret that "$1.000.000" thing become a common goal to everyone who doesn't even have a definite chief aim in life. Like Think & Grow Rich Philosophy, Self Identity through Ho'ponopono is not about the money; it has never been. It is the growth, learn, expand, reach to the happiness, health and wealth and peace of mind. Money is simply a by-product of growing and raising our awareness.

All I can say is The Easiest Way is truly the best book about the method. It's clear, easy to read and understand especially someone like me who English is not the native language. I'd like to tell you how powerful it is right now; because a couple minutes ago I was in a tasteless major argument with couple of family members. I realized that I wasn't cleaning, opened the book and found the sentence on the page 111 and started to repeat it mentally and in English! Not even in my native language! And in just MINUTES my family members cooled down and made peace. It is that powerful!

I can not write enough here to how important that ancient Hawaiian teaching is! Should be taught on the schools, should be part everyone's life. It has the power to transmute today's world into HEAVEN.

Believe me, I have MANY self help / self development books. From less known to superstar life coaches - famous giant NLP dudes to positive-love-butterfly ladies. But I put their books away for a while and keeping this little book on my desk and reading it frequently.
70 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on November 14, 2012
I really enjoyed this book because I saw results within one or two weeks after saying the Mantra. The book was very easy to read and understand. I have been saying the Hawaiian Mantra everyday and I am seeing positve situations occuring in my life. Saying the Mantra makes me feel better and I have stopped worrying about my problems. I encourage everyone to buy this book and follow the simple instructions. You will be amazed at the good things that will start coming your way. Thank you Mabel Katz for sharing this information.
23 people found this helpful
on September 5, 2011
Mabel Katz worked with Dr. Hew Len for over ten years, and her book reflects that transcendent point of view. I find that I can open her little book anywhere and read a phrase that inspires me. Her ego-less presentation of ho'oponopono is in stark contrast to Joe Vitale's ego-filled Zero Limits. If you want to know about the essence of ho'oponopono this is the book for you.
60 people found this helpful
on November 11, 2013
The basics of this book are simple and amazingly profound. One could keep looking for the next thing and the next thing ad infinitum or just stop here, do the work minute by minute through the rest of your life and watch what happens. Some who can't seem to own 100% personal responsibility would be well served by Mabel's observation that when there is a problem, you are always there.

Some of this wisdom is confusing, especially in business terms, such as don't set goals or do affirmations because you don't need to be telling God how to do things. Since Mabel comes from an accounting background, i'll be looking deeper into what she has to say about growing a business without setting targets. That distraction is not relevant to the meat of the message.

One cannot argue with the the power of love or forgiveness directed only toward yourself because it is pretty clear that without self healing and love, nothing good can follow. Not everyone will be ready for some of the perspectives here, like giving up blaming or fixing others because you are the only one who needs this work. We would have world peace if everyone on the planet applied the principles here.
on July 13, 2013
Thankfully the basics of Ho'oponopono are all over the internet and over the years I've read many of the related books, did an awesome weekend seminar with Hew Len many years ago. I was looking for more of an in-depth refresher teaching of Ho'oponopono in this book particularly about cleaning tools and didn't get it. It is very basic so if you are looking for basic you will like this. If you are looking to go deeper this is not the book for you.
6 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on April 19, 2013
I have read quite a number of books about spiritual growth. This book contains everything we need to know about waking up and in such a concise manner! It's all here on how to go into the void (called Zero in Ho'oponopono) with no mind chatter. If you are looking for a big load of scriptures then you'll need to look elsewhere. You can forget about affirmations and visualization and get right to realizing that God knows what's best for you. And you will learn why the ONLY relationship you need is with your inner child. If you want it direct and to the point then this is the book to get. I read the Joe Vitale book called Zero Limits before reading this book so had some prep on Ho'oponopono. I also studied A Course In Miracles for a while.
on February 27, 2014
similar review on another Ho'oponopono book:

This is great and small enough to keep in my purse. I am using Ho'oponopo on my weight issues... telling the parts of my body that I don't like (cellulite, fat) that I love it, thanking my body.... It is weird.... I am motivated to eat less and exercise more... by loving my body instead of hating it. Ho'oponopono can change your life.
4 people found this helpful
on May 11, 2014
I learned a lot of Ho'oponopono online before getting this book - enough to have profound healing experiences. So almost all of this book was not worth the time it took to read it. Fortunately, it is a short book and easy to skim.

But there at the end of the book, almost as an afterthought, a section was added to the revised edition. That's where I found a couple points that hit home, that helped. So I'm not sorry I bought the book, but I can't recommend it.

Oddly, I bought Joe Vitale's book about Ho'oponopono on the recommendation of a friend, although I had decided not to get it before - because Vitale's prior books were more infomercial than helpful. There was a little bit of that in the early part of his book, but there were quotes from Dr. Len Hew all through the book, and those will really teach you the extent to which Ho'oponopono can be used. Skip this one and get the other.
6 people found this helpful
on February 10, 2017
I love Ho'oponopono, and I really like Mabel Katz, so there's nothing personal here. However, in this book, she is not just talking about Ho'oponopono, she is talking about the RELIGION.

In fact, she says it outright that "there are many different RELIGIONS in Hawaii, and some Hawaiians have never even heard of Ho'oponopono."
And as part of this religion she is preaching, she says that "the intellectual mind cannot pray to God," and that we should not ask for things. Directly opposed to Bible teachings!

Now there's nothing wrong with writing about religion, but be up front about it!! Tell us right up front what you're doing! Don't write a book about technique and secretly preach your religion.

If you're interested in Ho'oponopono, go to YouTube. You can watch Mabel Katz for free, with a lot less preaching.
on December 31, 2014
This is a must read if you want to learn how to practice Ho'oponopono. Mabel was a student of Ihaleakala Hew Len and she simplifies the process in this book. If you read this book and Ulrich Dupree's book, Ho'oponopono, you will learn all you need to know about this ancient Hawaiian healing process.