Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 212 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 269 reviews
on December 7, 2013
Interesting pseudo thriller. I don't want to ruin the Movie for anyone, but I like that the ending shows Chaos isn't the best way to achieve positive change. Ideals portrayed are altruistic and far too idealist. There is some creepy things in this movie, and the Hollywood cliche of the "Evil Corporations" willfully destroying the World is tiring and old. The Actors are riveting in their roles and their impressive performances kept me watching when the theme and practices they portrayed made me want to stop watching. I watched for the quality of acting, and it was the reason for my 4 stars, otherwise I would rate the movie itself a 1 or 2 star.
on October 13, 2013
This movie focuses on all the deceitful objectives that companies/government pass onto society. It shows the carelessness, arrogance and day to day dealings that kill off society. The message is great, very clear and understandable. I wish that it could have been extended a little more to exploit more companies and their cold heartiness but this did very well. I would recommend this movie to watch especially if you like movies that detail facts of life.
on November 29, 2013
I was afraid I wouldn't like it but I did. Yes, aspects of the story are naiive and/or unrealistic, but on the whole, it's plausible and Marling is great in it. All through the movie, there was a worry in the back of my head -- how are they going to make this come out? I couldn't think of an ending that would leave me feeling satisfied. I figured the protagonist would come down hard on one side or the other of her dilemma. But somehow they found a path to the end that was, in fact, satisfying and not a sellout. I found the movie inspiring. And Marling is just a joy to watch.
on June 5, 2017
the story of being Floxed!
on February 9, 2014
Marling plays an operative that infiltrates an eco-terrorist group in order to bring it down. That premise could have been fascinating and riveting to watch. Marling is good as are all the rest, but the story falls apart with the weakness of the direction and the script (some scenes were almost comical in their silliness). In more capable hands this could have been a great movie. Watch the trailer (which sells the movie much better than it should) and imagine what it could have been instead.
on April 9, 2017
This movie blows minds and inspires hearts. Hopefully not to commit crimes.
on November 3, 2013
I had much higher expectations for the premise of this story and the first half is compelling but there is way to much artistic license in the second half that makes you question the sincerity of the film makers in making a real and honest political statement.

Plus the bigger message of this movie, the one it wants to really say, is deluded and you are not emotionally moved to really question the endless capitalist paradigm that needs to go.

Now go out and get that new iphone 5 whatever it is now?
on June 5, 2016
It is an amazing movie. It shows the power and strength of people in the movie. It is a powerful subject. Our environmental struggle for ecoconciousness.
It brings up the important existential crisis we are in. Global warming is not a partisan issue it is a global issue.
on October 9, 2016
This was a great suspense movie. Won't give anything away, but as a child of the 80s with a lot of parental 80s spy/intel story interest - it was a fun adventure. Plus, most of the acting was believable - and that always helps.
on October 5, 2016
This is a very clever film, although I didn't like the ending. I think Brit Marling is very, very smart actor, director, whatever. She made this film simultaneously with another film. I can't remember the name of the other one.