Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

92%
Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 81 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 95 reviews
on March 10, 2010
The story of little Hoppi trying to decide what type of egg to make is very sweet and full of good messages. Hoppi first thinks he will copy one of the types of eggs being made by the other bunnies but then decides that he needs to make an "egg that is right for me". As he thinks about what to do he realizes he doesn't have to win the contest and that he just wants "to make an egg I am proud of." Then he selflessly sits on the mother robin's dropped but unbroken egg so that she can sit on the two that remain in her nest. This book is filled with messages that I am happy to share with my preschooler. It does not contain any explicit references to anything religious surrounding Easter so if you want that you should look for another book. The illustrations are up to Jan Brett's amazing, detailed, beautiful standards.
on March 28, 2017
Great Book...can't go wrong with a Jan Brett beautifully illustrated book. Great story. It follows the journey of a little bunny, eager to impress during the upcoming visit by the Easter Bunny. He becomes a little disheartened when he sees the great talents and ideas of the other bunnies, and feels he can't "compete" with them, nor design anything as special or unique. The bunny soon discovers that his selfless actions and kind heart have impressed not only the Easter Bunny, but his entire village of friends and neighbors. Highly recommend.
on March 4, 2017
I love every Jan Brett book I have ever seen- the BEST illustrations and cute story lines.
on March 18, 2014
I am a huge fan of Jan Brett. Her illustrations and stories are just the best. She does research on her subjects, and is a talented artist.
I bought this for my little Granddaughter and I know she will love it. I can't wait to read it to her! I loved the different breeds of rabbits in this book, and the story is charming.
on April 25, 2010
Jan Brett has long been my favorite children's author. Her books are not only fun to read, but also artistic treasures!! There is always so much going on in her illustrations, so much attention to detail. I love that she puts extra information in the small side pictures or in the scenes at the top of the pages, giving children a chance to see some action going on in the background or giving a preview of what's to come next. It's always fun to see how and where she has inserted her favorite animal (the hedgehog) into each of her books. The brilliant colors make her illustrations almost jump off the page - a nice contrast to her usual gentle story lines. I fell in love with this sweet bunny the first time I read through the book!
on May 24, 2016
This is our toddler's most favorite book, we opened it a week before Easter, but it really took a few weeks for the Easter Rabbit concept to take hold. She gets so excited that she can't stay still down, she must tell us about all the bunnies in the story and all the different kinds of eggs. She has also invented a place called "the Easter house" that we must go to and she tries to build it with her duplos.
on September 24, 2015
Beautiful illustrations on each page show many different types of eggs bunnies create to enter a contest. The true winner of the contest has done something more meaningful and loving. Reminds me of the story of The Empty Pot by Demi, in which the winner of the flower growing contest is the one who told the truth, or the Country Bunny and the Little Gold Shoes. The pictures may inspire some artists to come up with new ways to create something and inspire everyone to think outside the box.
Superb illustration and lovely story. We bought a bunch of Easter Egg books this year and this is our favorite.
on June 7, 2017
Another wonderful book by Jan Brett. I grew up reading these books and enjoy sharing the beautiful illustrations with my son.
on February 26, 2014
The illustrations in this book are simply beautiful--intricate, detailed paintings that a child could spend hours getting lost in. The story is about how one little bunny discovers his own, personal style instead of imitating what the other bunnies are doing--a gentle tale of becoming a unique individual and being valued for that individuality. It was a bit too old for the child for whom I purchased it, but she will grow into it.