Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Alexa on Mobile GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 49 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 507 reviews
on April 5, 2015
As an avid reader of The Economist (but not a subscriber), I appreciate the ability to buy individual issues when and where I wish. My hectic work schedule doesn't allow me the leisure to read each and every issue cover to cover, so this option is perfect for me.

The price for the Kindle-version of The Economist is far less than the newsstand price. And it is always available whenever I want it. Even late at night in my hotel room in a foreign country, when all of the shops are closed!

Although the formatting and layout aren't perfect on my Kindle Paperwhite, I enjoy the ease of reading and returning to various articles. As well as being able to archive back issues.

Thanks for providing this great newspaper in a digital easy-to-obtain format. I don't know what I'd do without it.
on March 20, 2013
Once you read The Economist every week, the there is no need to read any other news. It carries news and information in bite size chunks, while still giving the important details that is needed.
on May 18, 2015
Worth the read.
on October 4, 2012
I think the reviews and Rating for the Kindle Edition needs an update. Though it's true that with the "original" B&W keyboard edition of the Kindle the Economist didn't work at all. But on a Kindle Fire it's great! The formatting is straight forward, easy to use and basically replicates the printed version, which I've gotten for years. I will say it's annoying that the Kindle edition cost has not come down yet, but the convenience of having on the Kindle is worth it to me.

The magazine itself, over a 100 years old is read and respected by people all over the world, is a huge antidote to the hyper-polarized and dumbed-down news we generally get fed in America. If you read it for a while you might realize we are not the only country on the planet, and there is something to learn beyond our own definitions of Liberal or Conservative. In fact, that's my favorite part of this magazine: my liberal friends think it's too conservative, and my conservative friends think it's too liberal. Those who swim in the Middle and want to keep learning and exploring, look no further. What a concept: news that assumes you are educated, have read actual fact-based history books, and that you want to learn something new. Sign me up (or renew me).
on February 21, 2015
great magazine
on July 9, 2015
One of the best sources for comprehensive coverage of a broad range of issues
on May 30, 2015
Very good
on September 25, 2015
Good.
on February 10, 2014
THE ECONOMIST IS THE NEWS MAGAZINE FOR ME. IN DEPTH. FOUR CORNERS OF THE WORLD. CONTRIBUTORS ARE

WORLD CLASS. OTHER OUR USA MAGAZINES REPORT USA NEWS - WITH SMATTER OF WORLD NEWS . THE

ECONOMIST REPORTS WORLD VIEWPOINTS. USA NEWS HAS CONTINUED TO REPORT LESS AND LESS. US NEWS

REPORTING IS DECIDELY LIBERAL - ECONOMIST IS ALSO SOMEWHAT LIBERAL- BUT MORE CAPITALIST . BETTER

BALANCED. THE I DEPTH SPECIALS (CHINA - FEW WEEKS AGO). MY WEEKEND IS NOT COMPLETE WITHOUT FRONT

TO BACK READING.

ROBERT BRIGGS
NEW BRUANFELS, TX

SECTIONS SUCH AS THE CHINA ISSUE THIS PAST FALL QUITE INSITEFUL. ISSUES FOUND IN EVERY AIRPORT I HAVE

VISITED..
on January 30, 2017
THE Best- most measured, witty, extensive coverage of economic, political and entertainment from around the world- publication. Every week, I eagerly await its arrival and when it comes I read every single article for the balance of the week!