Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

The Edible Balcony: Growing Fresh Produce in Small Spaces
Format: Paperback|Change

on February 15, 2013
This book is full of delightful pictures of near perfect planters and balconies, but there is little usable information for someone serious about setting up a balcony/deck garden area.
30 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on December 31, 2013
Not quiet enough details give for completely novice gardeners. I really wanted more of a 1,2,3 A,B,C book. This is more suited to those that have a little bit of experience or a little bit more help.
13 people found this helpful
on June 21, 2013
A pretty book with little helpful information. It did have some unique ideas, such as bee-keeping on a Parisian balcony. Most ideas were unoriginal, unless one has never read a book on gardening, before. Would not have bought it if I had seen it in person, first.
12 people found this helpful
on August 3, 2015
I thought this book would give more ideas for how to plant items together. It is well illustrated and a "pretty" book, but not very informative.
6 people found this helpful
on May 14, 2013
It includes what to plant, what containers, how-to and everything you need to plant on your balcony. I'm a novice and I'm having a lot of fun with it. So glad I got it. I'm already starting to see lettuce, garlic, onions, strawberries, peas, parsley, tomatoes and sunflowers and zinnias popping up on my little balcony in northern Ohio! Surprisingly, some are in pots and some in plastic bags!

Must have. Great purchase.
10 people found this helpful
VINE VOICEon June 20, 2013
This is a Great book..particularly if you have no yard or have chosen to downsize and miss gardening but not mowing!
The sections run from Make it Personal to Edible Forest Roof Garden, to Create a Salad Cascade, to City's Farmers Balcony and tons between with loads of projects that are clever and creative. This is a book that will get you onto a city roof with dirt and plants where you grow lovely pesticide free GMO free produce! LOVE IT, this is worth every penny!
4 people found this helpful
on May 21, 2018
A FRIEND OF MINE LOVES TO GARDEN BUT RECENTLY MOVED INTO A NEW HOME WHERE THERE IS NOT MUCH ROOM FOR A GARDEN BUT THERE IS A HUGE DECK. SHE LOVED THE BOOK SO MUCH I BOUGHT ANOTHER ONE FOR MYSELF.
on May 19, 2014
This a great book that gives you many suggestions for urban city gardening.. I have seen suggestions for different kinds of containers that can be recycled from found or second hand flea market finds. I love the look of an eclectic green space. The photos are gorgeous and instructions, easy to follow. I purchased another book for my elderly mom. I LOVE GARDENING
One person found this helpful
on May 20, 2013
I just moved from an apartment to a home and I really don't have time to plant a full garden, so I thought container gardening would be for me. This is a fantastic book with so many suggestions! The price was reasonable and the book arrived as promised.
2 people found this helpful
on September 7, 2015
Very informative. Gives a lot of ideas and easy to follow instructions. The book is just beautiful!!! Love it.