Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 13 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 40 reviews
on January 16, 2014
Overall I think the book feels a bit rough, like the connection of the plot points weren't fully flushed out. I don't know if I feel the ending was really earned. But I have been thinking about this book a lot since finishing it, so I suppose that is a good thing. I have to say it is thought provoking, but not necessarily likable.

There were parts of the story that I found really interesting, and I found some of the quotes preceding the chapters quite poignant. But others just felt tacked on and some (like the author's notes) threw me out of the story a bit. I think the most interesting parts of the books were when the characters were discussing relationships and genetic mutations. I wasn't as impressed with the action sequences.

I think the main themes of the book were interesting and thought provoking, but I didn't really think they were presented in a way that provided a lot of clarity. There were insights and quotes peppered through the text that I simply loved, but the overall story left me feeling unsatisfied.
on January 23, 2016
I am reading all of the Nebula Award winning Novels in time order. This is my fourth and the second one by Samuel R. Delany, the first being Babble-17.

I can see why this novel won the Nebula Award. It is well written, interesting, and unique. The only problem is that it is not memorable. It's only been a couple of days since I read it and I hardly remember anything about it. It's a good book but you don't learn much from it, it doesn't stretch your brain.
on December 23, 2015
Delany at his mystical, poetic peak. Ranks up there with Lord of Light or Engine Summer. The language and keen eye lifts this into the realm of great literature.
on March 2, 2015
This is one of my favorite books. It's sort of Kerouac sci-fi, but more. I love the pop culture references as myth. I rarely read a book twice but this is one of them. Maybe it's just me but some of his prose is pure poetry. Each time I read it I extract a different haiku poem: "Bringing to the eye, flakes of sun on water, crushed metal."
on February 14, 2014
The story was interesting, different, but I didn't love it. I enjoyed the writing, I might well try another Delany, I've heard so much positive
on November 3, 2016
Great book, would read it again.
on January 26, 2014
Einstein Intersection is perhaps, a hard book for some people to understand. I’m not sure why this is, perhaps I had a hard time finding the meaning in the story but I certainly understood it perfectly well. The book takes place on Earth, in the future. When humans have left the Earth, presumably due to some kind of nuclear disaster. There are rampant mutations and now aliens have arrived to pick up where Humans have left off. But the one to one here is by way of three or four. What I mean by this is that things are exactly what they seem and if you take some things at face value you might not only miss the point of the book but get very confused. Also, reading carefully is a must for this short novel. If you don’t, you also will lose your way. Everything is important, from the incredibly interesting language used by the characters to the strange travel log quotes the author uses at the head of some of the chapters. Einstein Intersection is a masterpiece of Science Fiction. Not because it was exciting or had memorable characters, which it did. But because this book was written in the 1960s and we can still discuss what it means and the themes it deals with today. That, to me is what separates literature from fiction. Einstein Intersection is definitely literature.
on April 21, 2015
Damn good yarn.....science fiction for science fiction people...no star wars BS here....
on January 22, 2014
This is the type of book that defies a simple explanation. I would go as far to say that I am going to have to take time to digest what I just read.
on December 9, 2010
Humans are gone, aliens have populated the planet and adopted our DNA, sort of ... disturbingly familiar yet often jarring ... misfits kept in cages, selective special powers, life can be taken and given back, but will it?

Read and enjoy this classic!