Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: Video Game|Change

Showing 1-10 of 747 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 836 reviews
on January 9, 2014
People will disagree, but I honestly believe that up to the present day (2014), this is the best game I've ever played. Let me support this by saying I've played A LOT of video games. My first video game system was an Intellivision, and my dad bought it when it was new.
Anyway, this game has SO MUCH stuff to do. I played it almost every day for a year and there are still occasionally things I'll find that I've never seen before. It has almost infinite replayability.
I think the best thing about Skyrim is that the kind of character you play is really only limited by your imagination.
The combat, attributes, and skills system has been streamlined from previous Elder Scrolls games. Fans of the series weren't happy about this, especially as it was done to attract more mainstream players. Diehard fans of the series feel that this represents a "dumbing down" of the game, and there's some truth to that, but it definitely optimizes the experience to keep things moving, and that's always a good thing.
So the gameplay is fantastic. Visuals and sound are breathtaking. The world looks alive, from the way wind blows through the trees, to the way a brook babbles along. The character models are also very good. There's an enormous degree of character customization in looks and abilities.
This version has the DLC included, and you really want that because the DLC for this game is outstanding. Tons of extra features and lots more geography to explore. Fully-developed stories and hundreds of extra quests. The base game was already huge, but when you add the DLC, it becomes enormous.
Anyway, I could go on and on, but it all comes down to this: if you play video games, you owe it to yourself to play this game.
on September 27, 2013
Okay, I admit that I am a little late to the Elder Scrolls and Skyrim party. I finally got my XBox360 last spring, and I started with Kingdoms of Amalur and Dragon Age Origins, because I have always liked medieval RPG style games. I suspected that Skyrim was probably going to be the best one for me, because of all the 5-star reviews, and also because in addition to RPG's, I also just like Vikings, dragons, Nordic lore, etc. in general.

Wow, Skyrim is everything I wanted and more. It actually exceeded my high expectations and re-set what I thought a videogame could do. I had read the 5-star reviews but was not sure it could live up to the hype. It did.

The graphics are great, and you can get lost for days in a beautiful Nordic mountain world. The first dragon I fought was the single coolest battle I've ever had on a video game. I got chills it was so cool. The character leveling is both complex and intuitive, you really do level up exactly those talents you use the most. I'm also enjoying the alchemy, smithing, and enchanting activities. I love walking new tracts of wilderness I've never seen before, looking for plants to harvest for alchemy potions, while hunting beasts and discovering new caves/dungeons/lore along the way. The archery is really enjoyable too. You can stalk prey such as cave bears or giants with stealth and arrows. I find that I'm gravitating toward an archery/stealth/mage build, with emphasis on destruction and conjuration spells. There are a thousand different ways you could take a character, though. I'm level 20 and in love with this game.

If you are wondering whether you should play Oblivion (or any other game for that matter) first, don't worry about it. Get this version and jump right into Skyrim. This is the best. You install Disc 2 on your Xbox360 first, then use Disc 1 when you play the game. It comes preloaded with Dawnguard and all of the other Skyrim expansions already set for your game, so your first playthrough will enclude the entire gamut of Skyrim locations, spells, monsters, lore, etc. Don't even bother with other versions, this one is the whole enchilada.

As much as I loved the combat and graphics of Amalur and the characters and plot of Dragon Age Origins, I am loving the entirety of Skyrim so much more. I love every hour spent on this game, and I find myself thinking about it when not playing. Get this one, it is the best.
on February 11, 2014
There are no words to describe the inherent entertainment found in this game. You can literally play for months on end, 10 hours a day, and never completely uncover everything, or accomplish every mission. Many "quests" are very similar, ranging from "go kill this dude" to "go get this thingie and bring it back to me", but some are quite nuanced and clever.

The overall story arc is similar to Bethesda Softworks' other big name RPG, Fallout 3, in that there are choices that you make that can affect the game's narrative and, eventually, the ending. That said, it's not as good as Fallout when it comes to delivering a deep, compelling story.

BUT....

If you buy this, prepare to lose all track of time, be up until 3AM every night although you promise yourself 1AM is the limit, and you'll likely end up ignoring your wife and kids. This I can promise you. You have been warned.
on April 9, 2017
I love this game to death. I had the Hearthfire DLC already but not the other two. I am a dumbo and for some reason thought this was the one with the updated graphics, boy I was wrong. LOL.

It was still worth the money though, considering Dawnguard and Dragonborn cost two times as much as this.

If you don't have the game or any DLCS, buying this saves you about $30. You if you gave the same it saves you $35, and you have an extra disc.

I have only been playing a few years and I am only level 27 but I love this game to death. I just started Dawnguard!
on April 21, 2017
i love skyrim. i highy recommend it since my brother in law borrowed my base skyrim and i didn't have the money to get another copy and all 3 dlc's
this had the base skyrim and the the 3 dlc's for a 3rd of what it would cost buying the base game is 20$ 2 of the dlc are 20$ each and theres the 5$ dlc.
this version had all the dlc plus the base game for 20$ thats 45$ less than buying everything separately.
on April 1, 2017
There is no information in the package on how to start this game. You put in the disc and nothing happens. I had to go on the web to find several different ways to get it to start loading. Then while downloading the game (that's right it's not a stand alone, all inclusive disc) they ask for a credit card number. What the heck did I just pay for if not the complete game?
on March 14, 2014
can't say enough about how great this game is to play even over it's predecessors, not quite as dark which I like and so much fun. One word of caution though, follow the quests because there are a number of bugs that if you kill someone out of quest that latter you need to do in a quest it's already too late.
on February 24, 2014
Very fun, HUGE open world game. Tons of main quests and side quests and character upgrades to keep up with tougher opponents and story lines! You can own property and have characters go with you, helping with fights, story and game play. Love it!
on July 20, 2013
Got this about a month ago, and I've been playing it every free moment. I'm probably a little over halfway done with it.

The stories are interesting. The amount of backstory to the skyrim universe is astounding. You can spend forever just chasing down inconsequential details.

Combat and exploration is a blast, and only rarely do you feel that you need to look for hints on how to get past something. The online map and notebook helps immensely.

Only complaints are: This is a true sandbox game, thus it never really ends, just sort of peters out. I like both sandbox and real endings, so I'm OK with this, but don't look for a moment where the credits roll. Secondly, once you start playing your family may forget what you look like.
33 comments| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 14, 2016
Great game if you are into fantasy RPGs. You can easily sink hundreds, yes HUNDREDS of hours into this game. This legendary edition includes all DLC packs which are also excellent.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.