Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 60 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 103 reviews
on August 3, 2015
Having worked in this industry for many years, I was pleasantly surprised to come across such a clear primer. Although this book borders on conceptual, it covers enough practical details to make it an invaluable resource for those new to the trade, or anyone looking to improve their process with industry best practices. This is a book I will now highly recommend to anyone new to our organization. It also provided me with a great set of tools to help explain the process to others (including clients). If you are an expert looking for specific details and/or a cookbook style approach, you probably want to look elsewhere -- for everyone else, it's worth picking up.
on July 21, 2014
JJG's elements of User Experience is an awesome book for the beginning UX designer. I never went to school for UX but after reading Steve Krug's Don't Make Me Think and JJG's Elements, I felt as though a lot of the design decisions I was already making were justified. JJG's visuals are well known within the industry and I have copies of them downloaded from his site and posted to the wall of my cube as reminders when I jump into any new project.
on July 20, 2017
I like this book mostly because it's one of the first UX Books for digital, it says a lot without being long winded (concise but eloquent) and it all still applies today.
on March 2, 2014
Absolutely the number 1 beginner's UX resource. Read this book before you read "Lean UX", read this book before you read "The UX Team of One". This book will give you the foundation necessary to think about User Experience and to understand what goes into creating a good product that makes users happy...
on September 16, 2017
Short, quick read. Good ideas and structure. Nothing dramatically new, but a good distillation and consolidation of modern design think. Not a how-to guide.
on April 27, 2017
Hits the sweet spot. Dove deeper than other books on the subject I've read. A nice mid-range entry to the field. Perhaps a tad dry at times.
on March 18, 2014
I'm transitioning to a UX career and this is one of the books that was recommended to me. I really loved the content and I think it is at the right level to make it both accessible, but also not painful to read.
on May 24, 2017
The book set an overall foundation for user experience design. I expected some practical examples on how to apply the principles to a web design. It's a good start to get you thinking in the right direction.
on February 2, 2014
This text provides an excellent frame of reference to draw upon to set expectations and process considerations for any professional involved with creating a successful user experience. As a surface level discussion this book works to establish baseline understandings, but in-depth detail is not prevalent on many of the topics covered.

I would recommend this book to a seasoned UX professional as a reaffirmation of shared understandings and to a student as a great survey of what is involved within a thoughtful problem solving process that meets the needs and expectations of an end user.
on September 2, 2013
When I opened the package, I saw this very nicely printed book with astonishing graphic layout and content structure (of course, because it's done by a master of user experience design – this book testifies just that). I love reading this book! It is visually enticing and masterful content-wise. Even though I'm an industrial design student, I find the content highly relevant in my user-centered design and thinking process.