Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The End of America
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 5, 2012
This is an "End Time" book arguing that Mystery Babylon is the USA. It makes a strong case for the argument, but there are two weaknesses:

The author relies heavily on Old Testament prophecies talking about Babylon, which isn't a problem per se, but to do a good job of it, it's essential with each of those prophecies to prove convincingly WHY the prophecy is talking about the "Mystery Babylon" of the End Times, rather than referring to only the Babylon of ancient times.

For instance the Bible contains prophetic passages in Ezekiel talking about Israel, and someone could argue that those are talking about ancient Israel. However, in these prophecies there are key things you can point to in order to definitively PROVE that those verses are about the recreated Israel we have today. I'm mentioning that only as an analogy. The author needs to do the same thing with the Old Testament prophecies regarding Babylon.

For me the other principal weakness of the book is that when the book of Revelation says to Mystery Babylon, "come out of her my people..." it is conceivable that God is referring merely to a relocation of the people, but to assume that without question is simplistic. Some would argue, convincingly I think, that what God really wants is for his people to "come out" of Mystery Babylon by ceasing to live like the heathen and become "worthy to escape all these things" by means of GOD rescuing them, rather than merely relocating to continue their heathen lifestyle elsewhere. The author just assumes that relocation is all that God has in mind and focuses on other nations to move to.

For me the book does have one redeeming quality which is that it contains a unique and fascinating compilation of natural disasters that hit the US and shows how the exact timing and location of these disasters coincides to an uncanny degree with actions taken by the US Government to pressure Israel to give up land. The timing of these events is truly eerie. And like I said, that is unique to this book--I have yet to see any other End Times book provide such a list.

The timing & location of these disasters is of course to illustrate the Biblical promise where God says regarding Israel, "I will bless those who bless you, and curse those who curse you."

It was a 99 cent book for the Kindle so I really can't complain. I'm giving it three stars because it's a mix, but it's better to go by what I'm saying, rather than that simplistic barometer (number of stars) anyway.
99 comments| 165 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon March 31, 2012
I was a bit skeptical when I ordered this book but once started, I could not put it down. This is a real eye opener as to what is happening to America. Much of it is based upon Biblical prophecy and that alone will turn off a lot of readers. However, I urge you to put that aside if that's an issue and look at many of the facts the author presents. There is no doubt that America is in serious trouble. It comes not only from the Muslim terrorist threats but our financial meltdown as well as our turning into a secular nation.
Most are not aware of the growing Muslim trends throughout the world but the author has done some remarkable research on this issue and how it will eventually affect America. He has also detailed our declining world position as an industrial and financial leader. What he reports is not personal opinion but factual information pulled from a number of reliable sources. America has been blessed through the years with a basic moral base. Over these many years people have generally subscribed to this conduct even though many were not Christian. Yet, these morals gave order and peace to our nation and all of us benefited by that blueprint. Today, as the author suggests, we have thrown away most of that foundation and become a nation with everyone doing their own thing. The results are not good and we see a country increasingly divided. You'll not find many books like this on the market because I believe many are afraid to speak out for fear of being "politically incorrect". I urge you to read this book. You may not agree with it all but I guarantee it will get you thinking. It's well researched, well documented and well worth your time.
on August 18, 2009
After watching the evening news, have you ever felt,"I just do not fit in this culture anymore?" This book reaffirms your gut feelings. I read this book in 2 1/2 days, with my Bible on my lap, as I researched the many references.
This book gives all the signposts we are all searching for. Written in a
scholarly manner that makes you rethink your priorities. A 5 star purchase!
1010 comments| 149 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 21, 2009
I have known John Price for twenty years. He is a superb lawyer, a devoted Christian father and husband, and a friend. But this book is so good, it surprised even me.

Don't get me wrong. I have known John to be brilliant, but this is more than just brilliant. I believe this book is inspired by God Himself to pull the scales from our eyes so that we who believe in Jesus Christ might know what is happening right now in this troubled world.

Let me tell you what this book has done for me personally. It has helped me make sense of the persecution that has come my way within this country in retaliation for having told the American entertainment industry that its exporting of pop culture sewage to the rest of the world is sewing the seeds of our own destruction. I have sensed that, but I had not fully understood it until this book.

I have, as Christian of 33 years, tried to steer clear of figuring out, as best I could, where, in the end times, we are or may be. What John Price has done is shake me out of my complacency on that, and energized me to look intently for the signs that He is bringing this age to a close.

This is a disturbing book, but all truth is disturbing. John Price has given all of us a gift from on High. The message in this book transcends denomination. It transcends time. It transcends even John's intellect. God is in this book. You must read it if you are a Christian, especially an American Christian.

If you do not know the Messiah, then there is a good chance you will by the time you finish this book. Jack Thompson, Miami, Florida
22 comments| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 10, 2013
I give the book 5 stars because I find it an interesting read, and for 99 cents for the Kindle version, it is a bargain.

I would warn anyone reading this book, however, to take most of what it says with a grain of salt. It should be viewed as an interesting idea, not serious investigation of Biblical Eschatology. The book follows the template established by Hal Lindsey in the 1970's with his book, The Late Great Planet Earth. Hal Lindsey, Grant Jeffries and countless others use the same secret formula in writing prophecy books . . . grab a few attention getting news headlines, grab a few scriptures, and whip everyone into a frenzy that the events in the headlines are fulfillment of Bible prophecy, and whatever the headlines are become mapped onto certain Bible verses. Watching this over the last 40 years, the story constantly changes as the news headlines change. The authors/teachers keep tweaking the story as conditions in the world change. The Bible should be studied and interpretted based on the Bible, not based on current headlines.

What I do like about the book is the suggestion that the Whore of Babylon in Revelation just might be the United States. In this country the Evangelical Church (of which I am a part) has so conditioned us so much to believe that we are a people most favored by God and he is just tickled pink with us and everything we do. The message of repentance and obedience is almost completely lost. I fear that we have become so corrupt we are not even capable of recognizing our own sin and shortcomings. This book shows striking parallels between the United States and the Biblical image of Mystery Babylon, the Whore of Babylon, or the daughter of Babylon. I am hopeful that this book will encourage people to "think" a little about what our Nation, or churches, and our families have become. The great outcome of this book would be for people to self reflect on our culture, and as believers, our participation in a culture that might not be pleasing to God.

I am struck in my travels through remote and destitute areas in Africa of how pervasive our corrupt culture has become. People in these areas seek and cling to anything American. On every street corner you find people selling bootleg copies of our Rap Music, vile movies, and sensual occult music videos. Certainly the world is drinking deep from the cup of our abominations.

What I also like about the book is the author has the gumption to actually suggest that the rapture is after the tribulation, which is in fact simply Christ's second coming. This will not sit well with the mainstream of Evangelical Christianity which has somewhat become a "Rapture Cult". The idea being, again, that God is so pleased with us, and we are a people so favored by him, that he will beam us out of here before anything ugly happens. As I watch Christian brothers and sisters dying in Africa because they do not have 50 cents for a malaria shot I mourn for our country and our self indulgent lifestyles. This book presents a radically different idea of why US is not mentioned in end times prophecy. Not that we were beamed out of here, but that we were judged and destroyed by God for our self indulgent, arrogant, vile, sensual, poluted culture.

What I particularly did not like about this book is that beyond the concept that the US is Mystery Babylon, the Eschatology is a mish mash of various dispensational ideas without a clear presentation of a timeline or template, and no bringing the loose ends together. It is easy to build a case by picking and choosing verses, but it is much harder to make the whole story fit together in light of all scripture. For example, placing the Battle of Gog/Magog prior to the tribulation creates a number of challenges elsewhere in creating a coherent end times timeline. Also, the author has the annoying habit of moving between a variety of different Bible translations, using the one that most strongly supports his case on a verse by verse basis. In some cases he uses the KJV and then sometimes the Message. Wow . . . that is a pretty wide range. Then, in some cases, he goes back and tells us what a word should have really been translated, not supported by any of the translations, but which would strengthen his case. This is another tactic often used by prophecy writers . . . hopping back and forth between Bible translations, and when none make the point needed, create a new translation of a word or verse. When authors do this, we should throw a penalty flag.

The interesting point to ponder if the author is correct, that we are the Mystery Babylon, is what to do with the numerous verses where he commands his people to "come out of her". This is a shocking thought, and one worth serious prayer and careful reflection.

The bottom line is that this is an interesting book, and well worth reading. While some of my comments are critical I do highly recommend reading this book.
on May 6, 2015
I congratulate the author for at least believing that America is found in Bible prophecy. But his basic overall theme is greatly flawed.

He believes that America, which is Babylon the Great, will be destroyed before the Great Tribulation even begins. Though I could be mistaken, I know for sure he believes America will be destroyed before the rise of the beast, basing that belief on Rev. chapter 14.

HOWEVER, Revelation tells us in chapter 17 that the woman will RIDE the beast, and that the beast will hate the woman and will eat her flesh and burn her with fire. THIS MEANS, that the beast must be in power BEFORE the woman is destroyed, because the beast will take part in the burning of America.

According to a new book on this subject, Babylon the Great falls TWICE. The first being with a huge tsunami that will hit the east or west coast of the U.S. early in the Great Tribulation (2nd Trumpet) which allows the beast to come to power in the Middle East, a Revived Ottoman Empire.

Then later, Revelation further TELLS US when Babylon the Great will be finally destroyed. In Revelation 16 at the 7th Bowl of Wrath, it will be totally destroyed with huge earthquakes and will be nuked by Russia, China, and the Islamic states. THIS destruction by fire is given to us IN GREATER detail in Rev. 17 and 18, followed by the destruction of the beast and false prophet in Rev. 19, just a short time later.

Therefore, I recommend the books.
on September 24, 2009
I could not put this book down from the moment I began reading it. I have re-read it in full three times now, and often flip it open to certain areas for reference in discussion. This is certainly an eye opening interpretation and comparison of not only the Christian Scripture, but that of the Muslims'. This book shed's a new light, for me, my friends and my family regarding what Muslims really intend to accomplish, it completely removes the veil that there might be peace-wishing Muslims in existence.
Mr. John Price, I commend you and your wisdom. It is clear you are a vessel of the Lord.
America! Read this book, and prepare yourselves!
22 comments| 86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2009
I read this book and it has changed my life. After many studies of the book of Revelation this book cleared up a lot of the "unknowns" for me personally. I am watching the evening news with a new understanding of what current events mean.

I have read this book and purchased about seven extra copies to circulate. I would recommend that everyone do that exact thing!

Thank you Mr. Price for letting yourself be used as a tool of God in this way.
33 comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 9, 2015
I seriously debated the rating to give this book because of the content of the message. I finally decided on a 3, but I wanted to give it a 5 because the message was so compelling, but the solution was so unrealistic for the majority of Christians/Jews in the U.S.. Yes, I am convinced that followers of Islam are intent on world domination and conquest and will do anything to advance their cause, including using WMD's on the United States and I am certain that the Bible contains warnings to Christians and Jews about the end times, but only God knows when the end times will happen. My problem is with another "expert" on Biblical prophesy predicting that the end is near and we must flee for our lives and immortal souls like Lot escaping Sodom and Gomorrah.

This book did inspire me to get out the Bible and read all the passages Mr. Price cites as his proof and, yes, these passages can be interpreted as providing important clues to the destruction of the U.S. by God for our wicked and sinful ways and that the United States could be interpreted as the Daughter of Babylon. Has not every generation had someone (cult leader, preacher, hermit, etc.) denouncing the U.S. for its sinful and wicked ways and instructing the faithful to go somewhere (mountains, deserts, rural Idaho, islands, South America, Mt. Calm, TX) to await the end and be safe and live. And has there not been a real external threat in every generation that could destroy the United States?

So, I do recommend reading this book, but read it as another source of information and not as a guidebook for getting out of Dodge right now because the end of near.
on March 24, 2012
This author believes in the "Post-Tribulation" Rapture. At least that's my interpretation of this book. If you download this via Kindle, his opinion is pretty much voiced at location 2241 (about 30% completed in the book.) He also voices that he believes God is "angry" at his entire church in the US. No exceptions. Well, he misquotes the bible, specifically Isaiah 47:6 by stating that God "will" be angry with his people who reside in the Daughter of Babylon which is suppose to be the US. Properly quoted, "I was angry with my people, I profaned my heritage And gave them into your hand. You did not show mercy to them, On the aged you made your yoke very heavy." NASB bible.
I don't have a problem with his thesis for the US being the Daughter of Babylon nor that Islam with be the church of the antichrist(their Mahdi/12th Iman). Much of what he writes makes sense. I just don't believe in the Mid-Trib or Post-Trib Rapture. There is no real scriptural evidence to support either position. There are plenty of scriptures providing for the Pre-Trib Rapture and several examples of God removing his people from his wrath, ie: Noah & the flood, Moses & the Israelite's, and others. See John 14:1-3; 1 Corinthians 15:51-58; and 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 for the Rapture. Examine Zechariah 14:1-21; Matthew 24:29-31; Mark 13:24-27; Luke 21:25-27; and Revelation 19 for the Second Coming to earth.
I know I could be wrong but I would certainly say that anyone who believes in the Mid-Trib Rapture is the "most" incorrect. The tribulation starts with the signing of the treaty with Israel, it's neighbors, & the antichrist. This event specifically time stamps the Mid-Trib Rapture & the bible specifically states that no man knows the day or hour of the coming of Christ (Mat. 25:13. Same goes for the Post-Trib Rapture people for the same reasons.
2525 comments| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse