Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

The End of the Euro: The Uneasy Future of the European Union
Format: Hardcover|Change

on March 1, 2017
This book is relatively short, but it is packed with information concerning the foundation of he EU's establishment. The author is very critical, and that is apparent throughout the book. However, because of the framework on which his arguments are advanced, the book in overall does not appear to be biased. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a deeper understanding of the establishment of the EMU. However, since it is not an introductory book, it would be better for those who have had certain amount of information regarding the EMU and the financial crisis to read this book. Of course, those with little knowledge can read it as well; it’s just going to take a lot more time and effort to weigh the author’s arguments.
on April 26, 2012
The book is a good Euro Primer from a respected European journalist. It certainly educates in easily readable prose of the Euro s origins, its governance weaknesses, regional political rivalries, mainly between Germany and France, and a forecast as to how it all might end. It gives a Europeans' view of all these goings on, which to an American, is illuminating. Recommended.
on March 18, 2015
The book needs to be updated. History has shown the author wasn't great at predicting out comes.
on March 3, 2015
A good overview of the history of the euro. Written by a journalist, it's quite readable. I thought I knew most of the information but I learned a lot. Didn't leave me knowing where the euro is headed, but then no one knows that.
on September 25, 2015
Didn't find it informative and didn't learn anything that I haven't already read or didn't know
on September 16, 2014
Excellent, a professionell and profounded written book. Also easy to understand the complex content and relations between policy and economic and financial aspects.
on March 20, 2015
an ok read I guess, nothing great about the ideas presented, more based on EURO history rather than the recent developments.
on June 17, 2013
This was a good read about the Euro and how it is not being accepted everywhere. It is a little dense, but if you are interested in seeing why many countries resist incorporating the Euro, it should answer your questions.
on September 18, 2013
I liked the book. I used it to prepare myself for a continuing education class that I taught.
I got a good understanding of the problems with EMU that I didn't understand before.
No complaints.
on October 1, 2013
This book is very well researched, thoughtful, insightful, and illuminating. I have learned quite a few things that I didn't know prior to reading this book.