Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon harrypotter harrypotter harrypotter  Three new members of the Echo family Today only: Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on September 27, 2017
I've read almost everything by OSC and find him a remarkable storyteller. He is without a doubt my favorite author and I look forward to every new release.

The Shadow series is in some ways better than the Ender's Game series as it seemed more accessible to me. I found myself more able to become submerged in the story. I don't mean to take away from the Ender's Game series as without Ender, there is no Bean. It may be the ruthless decisiveness of Bean that drew me in so easily, but draw me in it did and left me wanting the next release to be as soon as possible!

Another in a long line of excellent books from Orson Scott Card.
on September 17, 2017
I read these books an on e-book about 8 years ago. I loved them so much I wanted to get the on paperback. This box set was perfect. Re reading them has been a blast! Can't complain about the price either!!!
on October 15, 2016
I was worried Bean would be a pretender to the throne. The retelling of Ender's Game was better than the original. The beginning was downright depressing. The shadow series is definitely on par with the other ender books. I've only read Ender's Game, Speaker for the Dead, and Xenocide. I am flying through the shadow series.
on April 20, 2016
Was never into reading but this series makes me want to ready more and more.
on July 22, 2014
A must read as a companion to the Ender series. It doesn't include the last book of the Shadow series, though. That has to be ordered separately.
on January 9, 2014
I read all of the Ender books and this one was may favorite next to Ender's Game. The other "Shadow" books were okay but not as good as "Speaker of the Dead," and others. The Shadow of the Giant adds so much more depth to the original Ender story. I don't want to say to much for fear of it being a spoiler.
on March 20, 2012
Everything is awesome with the lil package they give you to nicely hold this set in. What made me take away a star was that some of the books had very minor, but noticeable scrapes on them, which is probably why I got such a great deal on them! They arent in the middle of the book or anything, just on the edges of them like it was a manufacturing thing. But for the price and content, exceptional value. If your a hardcore book collector you might wanna go with some hardbacks, but for me this was all I could ask for! Incredible so far (as I'm only on enders shadow, I've heard the rest are more political). Can't wait!
on December 8, 2012
I loved Enders game and wanted to own all of the books. Compared to the Ender Quartet, it's not nearly as fascinating and relies more so on the archetypal model of a super villian manipulating the fate of the world etc. While this falls in line with current mainstream hollywood story archetypes, it's far less compelling than the ideas Orson Scott Card explores in the Ender's Quartet series, such as Jane, the "artificial" intelligence who dwells in the ansible network, or the theories involving instantaneous travel to anywhere in the universe.
on February 1, 2016
I just love the series. It can be read without knowing Enders game since it tells you of and on what happened there in case you haven't read it. The story is fast paced, never a dull moment. Very interesting story, I can't put the book down.
on October 17, 2013
What can you say. The Ender's Game series was absolutely wonderful, and this Ender's Shadow series offers a new perspective into the crazy world of politics, xenophobia, and the Buggers. The perspective of the world from Bean's point of view is awfully stimulating. To see the world from the perspective of a hyper intelligent child is something both enticing and scarily analytical. Anyone who had a precocious mind, or was simply brighter than everyone of there peers will enjoy this series very much. Bean will carry you through the ups and downs of being brilliant, and the necessary tactics that he employs to survive. I would recommend that you stop reading any of the reviews and just buy the book yourselves. No one can tell you how good a book is until you have actually read it yourself. Don't let the people who hated the book influence your own opinion. Because at the end of the day, that is all that matters. It is what you ultimately think about it, and everyone should decide for themselves and not bend to the pressures of other people. Enjoy!