BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Dirty Heads Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 3, 2015
This is the only CD of Billy's that has both Part 1 and 2 of Billy's Blues. I bought this song on a 45 RPM record in 1956 on Chess Label and it was my introduction to Billy Stewart. I cannot tell you how many times I played it over and over again (I loved the sound). Then a few months later, Summertime was released and it blew me away. So definitely buy this CD. It is the best one on the market. The entire CD is excellent even if it is a bootleg.
on March 10, 2015
Excellent
on November 16, 2013
l'm old fart, old school, vietnam grunt, l feel great hearing stewart, there are so many thing that are good in life
on December 30, 2014
Best CD of Billy's music I have ever purchased.
on November 12, 2009
That old 60s/70s sound. I had almost forgotten how great of a singer Billy Stewart was. This is a great buy. You must here Billy sing "Somewhere over the rainbow" which is not on this album but an another all time favorite of mine.
on May 19, 2015
For those of you who may not know, Black Tulip is actually a label put out by Little Walter Devenne..the famous radio personality who currently resides in New Hampshire. Although he no longer does live broadcasts, his show are still syndicated, if you can find them in your particular neck of the woods.

He is also in the production business & has produced a number of pieces, including several box sets. This particular piece, as has been noted, is bootlegged, and the artwork leaves something to be desired; however, the sound quality is good..and what I like about it is that is has the original MONO version of 1962's "Fat Boy", which has been released on several packages, but in what I call "fake" stereo.
on September 30, 2013
I am writing this review for those of you who may (like me) be hesitant to purchase this disc because it is a) sort of expensive and b) on a dubious looking label.

Let me first say that this is most likely a bootleg / pirated disc. The artwork is cheesy (looks like a powerpoint slide) and there are zero liner notes. There is hardly any pause between tracks. Quite frankly I doubt any licensing fees are being paid to anyone for the use of these tracks. But.......

The music contained on this cd is superb, both in quality of the performances and the quality of the sound. When I first put this cd into my player I wasn't sure what to expect, but the music just popped out of my speakers and blew me away. There are a lot of tracks on this single disc so it is like getting a double album so that more than justifies (for me at least) paying the few extra bucks. This cd also contains two live cuts that I believe may have been on a various artists live lp put out by Chess, and that also helps me to justify the few extra dollars hat this cd costs.

The versions of the recordings included here are the hit (45) versions (as opposed to album cuts) which is another positive thing about this disc. For example, I have two other Billy Stewart cds that were put out by the Chess label and both of those discs include Summertime, but not the hit version.... But this disc has the hit version.

So if you are like me, either discovering or re-discovering the music of Billy Stewart, do not hesitate any further and buy this cd.
on October 4, 2016