Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 83 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 113 reviews
on March 3, 2017
I own several books on essential oils and this is the worst one. It's easy to read and understand but it's more of an editorial of the authors experiences with oils than instructional/ informational source. The order of the book all over the place. I may return it or give to someone who may be more appreciative of what this book has to offer.
on September 15, 2011
I was looking for an encyclopedia and some basic recipes. This book was way too basic, but might be useful for someone who knows nothing about oils. The encyclopedia section was much to small, and the information was disorganized. I returned it and purchased Julia Lawless' Illustrated Encyclopedia of Essential Oils, and for recipes and even more detailed info, go to: '[...] aka 'Esoteric Oils'. This is not a book I recommend because the information was very limited.
on April 20, 2015
Item arrived quickly, as described. I love the clarity of this book. The author reviews basic properties of many essential oils; then suggests potential uses. Whether you are just beginning your adventures with essential oils, or are an experienced "oily" and want to explore more combinations of oils, this book is a great resource!
on April 28, 2017
very informative
on May 13, 2016
Colleen Dodt simplifies without condescension the complexities and benefits of essential oils. She shares many of her personal experiences as well as usage recipes I will try. The resource area at the end of the text is an educational gem I am exploring with enthusiasm. Thank you Colleen Dolt for your gift to this eo neophyte!
Sbbteach
on July 29, 2013
I really enjoy this book. As a novice where it concerns essential oils, I was very satisfied with the organization and content of the book. It organizes the different essential oils into very common, somewhat common, and rare and gives you details on each of the listed oils. It highlights common and recommended uses for said oils and also provides you with many different recipes. Although my EO collection is so small as to be laughable, I still get great use out of this book and find myself referencing it often!
on April 2, 2015
Even though it's a older book it sitll has very reliable information and with the insane craze regarding oils right now we all need someone with some experience to give us sound advice! Happy I have it. I learned a lot and most of all not to just believe everything i hear about essential oils. They are wonderful and i love them but they are also strong and can be very dangerous if not used properly.
on December 31, 2013
This is a great purchase for anyone who is interested in essential oils. It contains descriptions and uses for several popular oils. Lots of cool recipes and ideas for use, along with instructions for dilution.

If you're just starting out with essential oils, you'll find plenty of info to get started. More experienced EO users may find it a bit shallow, but will still enjoy all the great ideas.
on January 22, 2014
There is helpful info in this book but it still isn't what you need when looking to create your own body oils. Maybe the best thing is the list of resources from where to buy oils to books to create what you're looking for.
on June 28, 2016
Must have in your Essential Oils Library. Wonderfully done book. I am extremely pleased with this purchase. I love EOs and am an avid oil user. Love this book.