Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 30 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 30 reviews
on January 4, 2015
This book was very enlightening, if this is the kind of information that interests you. Written in 1903 it describes the etiquette of dating, marriage, and married life for families in England at the time. It also goes into some details regarding traditions and rituals for other nations as well. As someone who has a strange fascination with the traditions of this time period, especially as they apply to men, I found the read entertaining and informative. It is written in the style of the period, but it is easy to understand. The information is concise and to the point with little extra added for the sake of the reader. Considering it was a free Kindle download it was definitely a good deal and I would recommend to anyone who has a passing interest in the time period or older traditions.
on July 14, 2017
Amazing I can read the book on my Tablet, iPhone, computer or Mac, the Kindle application is available for many platforms.
on September 22, 2014
Not as informative as I would have liked. Other etiquette books are much more enjoyable.
on August 2, 2014
Go into it with an open view toward reading an historic document. Ignore "sexism" and "political correctness" and immerse yourself in the culture of the time and place it was written.
A lot of the behavior recommended is still relevant today when put into modern context.
I quite liked it.
on December 15, 2014
100 years ago, tradition meant something very different than it does today. As a woman engaged to a Korean man whose family has hugely different expectations of courtship, weddings and marriage, I found this turn of the century english girls handbook humorous and alleviating.
on April 12, 2016
This was a much more liberal treatment of marriage than I expected. While the racism of the time is prevalent in the later chapters, most of the advice would still be sound today.
on September 8, 2016
I'm not sure what I was supposed to glean from this, but I guess I either missed it or it wasn't there.
on February 13, 2017
Etiquette. For those time when suave and debonair is required.
on January 9, 2015
This book was written around the turn of the century so I am sure much has changed in etiquette but I still found it informative and entertaining, like a time capsule of culture.
on November 15, 2012
I read through this book after I got engaged and really enjoyed all the historical traditions. It is neat to see how things have changed and what has stayed the same. I suggest flipping through the chapters and reading the specific sections that apply to your situation. It is almost as much a book on relationships as it is etiquette.