Oil month Automotive World Book Day Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Country Heat GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SWMTVT18_gno

on July 26, 2002
If you bought "Willie", buy this for dessert! If you haven't bought "Willie"...go do it~Now!....It's better'n any fictional account of anything you're gonna be finding-guaranteed! I also bought his Rainbow album and his interactive CD "Willie..life & times of.." Willie fans 'need' these rarities and won't be disappointed ~ unless they miss getting them for their collection...I used to spend my New Year's Eve's at his "New Year's Eve Parties" in Houston and sure miss those days, too. He is one multi-faceted, talented and unique All-American Treasure who just keeps getting better with age. If you heard the Art Bell Show, when he interviewed Willie..and that's all you know about this entertainer, let me tell you that Art fumbled the ball on that one and should've read one of these beforehand...so don't you miss out - buy the book(s)!
on August 30, 2002
Even my daughter the confirmed punk rocker howled with delight when she read it. It's just Willie having fun, telling war stories, Texas tales, and some of the dirtiest jokes you'll ever read. For long-time Willie fans, it's filled with lyrics to classic Willie songs, and, even better, to his obscure, mostly long-forgotten songs. One of the lyrics has a legend not in the book attached to it: Willie and Johnny Bush are on a tour bus, Willie says something like "I can write a hit song about anything in 15 minutes." Bush says "You're on!", they bet something best left unmentioned, and hands him a newspaper story he'd been reading about a woman found strangled. "I Just Can't Let You Say Goodbye" is in the book ... maybe the bloodiest country song ever ...."... the flesh around your throat is pale, indented by my fingernails, now you can't scream and you can't cry, and I just can't let you say goodbye ..." When you see the lyrics to "Crazy" in print, you realize all over again what a wonderful wordsmith Mr. Hugh W. Nelson is. It's a book I have read and re-read, gave a dozen copies of it as gifts when it first appeared, some of them to musicians who'd played and toured with Willie. "Yup, he hasn't changed a bit!"
on June 27, 2012
Songbook, diary and autobiography. You can look for each song on Youtube or similar and give yourself a private concert, or you can simply read them as poetry, sitting at a cosy fireside, in a wood, on a hill, or wherever you feel comfortable and meditative. Diary and autobiography are endearing by their candid honesty, telling in a matter-of-fact way about his blessings, successes and shortcomings - the latter with a roguish twinkle, being sure of the indulgence of his audience.
Having delivered my praise, why just 3 stars? Sorry, but European women of my generation are ingrained feminists, so some of the dirty jokes are simply unacceptable. It's just a matter of cultural divergence - I know rather blasphemous jokes which I gladly share at home, but would never dream of telling an American.
At last, a tiny correction (p. 167): You won't find the Proverbs in the New Testament, they're in the Old!
on January 14, 2014
This is a great read. It is his musings, some song lyrics, & some good jokes.

I don't usually read these sorts of books, as I prefer a "story". But I am heartily glad I picked this up. Young, old, male, female, blue-collar, white-collar--I've shared this book with more than a dozen people and every single person enjoyed the book.
on October 15, 2012
This book is mostly about Willy's on the road life. There are stories about some of his friends.. A lot of dirty jokes, some I never heard before. A lot of pictures. The pictures might be the best part. They say for a good review it should be between 75 and 300 words. I'm not sure this book had 300 words. It is a fast read and if you like Willy Nelson then it is worth the price and time.
on January 11, 2015
Light and generous. My husband read it aloud to us and sometimes couldn't read because he was laughing so hard. It is something of a thank you letter from Willie to many people in his life.
on May 28, 2010
having been a willis fan for many past eons (at least it seems that long) it is a pleasure reading this witty, humorous, and completely delightful side of an all american hero/icon. He is great on stage, but he is there to play music - thank god - not to be a humorist. He does both well... bettter than well. It is a grand read for anyone, even tho you're not a country music fan. However, I cannot imagine such a person. Having worked in country radio for many years, i cannot imagine a world without willie! I highly RECCOMEND this slim missive!! Dick Patterson from Reno, Nv And Vallejo Ca
on February 13, 2018
good read gave to brother
on December 4, 2012
Anything by or about Willie is always interesting!It is a very short read but funny & enlightening .The jokes are Willie!!The short facts align with others I have read about him .He is man who like Frank Sinatra ,does it his way.
on February 22, 2013
It's ok but some of the jokes are offensive and pointless. The general story is nice and the pics interesting but the jokes he stuck in are unecessary and distracting. Well most are. There are some that are not dirty and cute.