Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 19 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 23 reviews
on May 9, 2010
Ken Hoagland has written a thorough, succinct, and easily understandable overview of the Fair Tax Proposal and H.R. 25 in Congress at the present time, awaiting its hearing in the House Ways and Means Committee. I highly recommend this book for anyone wanting to learn more about this tax which will do away with the over 69,000 pages of our current federal income tax code, will end the IRS (maybe those folks could be utilized to make our borders more secure), will end estate taxes, and will end payroll taxes. Ken's book shows how this could very well be the answer to our current economic crisis with everyone paying their fair share of taxes, without causing an unfair burden on any individual citizen. Read this book; you'll be glad you did so.
on February 10, 2014
This is a very good read. The information herein is presented very well. After reading this, I also googled FairTax and found a website with even more information and videos that helped me understand their point of view, and the facts supporting their positions. I highly recommend that all taxpayers and voters read these.
I've utilized the extremely cumbersome and ever evolving, current Federal tax system to prepare 40+ years of tax returns. I've also studied some of the Flat Tax initiatives. After reading this and studying the FairTax website, I think the FairTax Solution has considerable merit and that it is likely a much better, simpler, easier solution for the vast majority of taxpayers funding of the Federal Government.
I expect that the Enactment of the FairTax Solution into Federal Law is meeting overwhelming resistance by special interest groups, Federal lobbyists, congressman, tax preparers, Federal tax employees, tax accountants and lawyers who are focused on their short term interest of lining their own pockets, rather than longer term goals of simplifying the process of funding the Federal Government in a more fair and cost effective manner.
Taxpayers would be wise to study the FairTax solution.
on April 8, 2010
This book outlines The Fair Tax and what it would do to help our economy. The beauty of it is it's simplicity, and this idea (and movement) comes from all points of the compass from Harvard economists to everyday businessmen to average citizens. I would also suggest reading The Fair Tax Book & Fair Tax, The Truth, both written by Neal Boortz and John Linder.

If you are tired of 67,500 pages of Tax Code and the IRS; if you are tired of spending hours on hours preparing your Income Tax Return; if you are tired of giving a large part of your paycheck to the government up-front (withholding); if you are tired of Congress picking tax winners and losers, then you need to study up on The Fair Tax. If adopted, our country's economy would experience the biggest growth in history.
44 comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 20, 2013
I've read two other FairTax books, both excellent, but this book made me realize that without citizen involvement, the income tax will remain in place. This book made me realize that it was not enough for me to know about the FairTax. It made me realize I had to be proactive: start a FairTax group, tell my family and neighbors about this plan, join [...], write letters to the editor. In other words, this book not only explained HR25 thoroughly, but it inspired me to work as a volunteer in my state on behalf of the FairTax. Short read, well worth the money.
on July 16, 2011
I fist purchased this for my Kindle, and was surprised at the cost of $16.00+. This is the only time I have paid that much for a Kindle book. After reading I wanted to purchase the book, and have it sent to a friend. The cost of the book was $6.00+. In this situtation I question why they would even make it available on Kindle, or a red warning when ordering on Kindle.

Thanks,

Jim
on April 14, 2010
Ken does a great job of describing what the FairTax will do for our country and every citizen. This is "Must" for our country. Not only does Ken accurately describe the benefits, he also shines the light on the reasons why it is opposed. Any time politicians (of either party, especially when both parties) are against a piece of legislation, you can be sure it is beneficial to our individual freedoms.
The FairTax is gaining popularity because it is the only system that will help end Washington's corruption when it comes to tax favoritism.
on July 10, 2010
Every American concerned with the situation this country is in should read this book and find out for themselves how a switch to the Fair Tax instead of the now Income Tax system we have will be pleased and encourage their representatives to pass this bill now in congress. It is a way out from under the trillions of dollars the government is running up for our children and grandchildren to pay. Passing the FairTax would get rid of lobbyist that cost taxpayers billions of dollars and get rid of the underground economy by everyone paying a consumption tax and keeping the money they earn in their paychecks.
on October 1, 2012
Prior to this book I had heard about the fair tax, but didn't know much about it. This is a clear understandable explanation that every American should read. The question it leaves you with, however, is why none of our politicians are talking about it.
on November 11, 2010
If there ever were an idea whose time has come, the Fair Tax is it. Tired of lobbying? Tired of special interests? Tired of undocumented workers not paying tax? Tired of tax loopholes for those who can afford to pay for them? Tired of offshore tax havens? Tired of a 60,000 page indeciferable tax code? Tired of paying to get your taxes done? If so, you just might want to consider replacing the current tax system with a new, fairer one.
88 comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 28, 2011
The Fair Tax system is much better than the current system which is far too complicated and is a burden for most Americans.