Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Alexa on Mobile Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 212 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 247 reviews
on September 28, 2011
About the Book:
After Verchiel's departure and the Fallen's forgiveness, Aaron and the other Nephilim are the new force that is trying to rid the world of its darkness and monsters, which have been steadily increasing in numbers, While this is happening, a small group of remaining Powers are tracking down the horn of Gabriel that, when played, will summon Wormwood, an angel created to bring about the end of the world.

Review:
Sniegoski brings forth another entertaining plot that kept me riveted. Well, the main plot, at least. Luckily, most of the book pertained to the end of days in some form. However, Sniegoski also places a subplot into the mix that involves Aaron and Vilma. Sniegoski introduces Jeremy Fox, another Nephilim whose main purpose is to provide romantic conflict and be a pain in Aaron's backside. This little subplot seemed to drag on and provided little to the actual storyline. Nor was there even any tension since it is obvious that Vilma is going to stay with Aaron.

Other than the romantic side trip, I found the book quite enjoyable and zoomed right through it. Sniegoski did a wonderful job creating a multitude of grotesque creatures, and I especially found myself intrigued with the child and the plan he unfolds in the tale. It left me wanting more, left me wanting to know what was going to happen. The ending of the book was especially phenomenal. To part of my dislike, it was left on a cliff hanger so now I am forced to wait for the next installment. RAGE!

Another thing I disliked was that I wish I had gotten a better sense of the other Nephilim. All of the newbies, except Jeremy, seemed to blend into the woodwork. Sniegoski gave them enough difference that we knew they were their own person, but I never got an actual sense of that character. Overall though, I really enjoyed the book and can't wait for the next one. I only hope he steers clear of any more majorly romantic subplots.
on September 9, 2013
Was a great final book to the fallen series the book was very well written and certainly tied up the series really well. However have to say that thomas could have delved into the ending a bit more.. maybe a look into the future for the charaters and see where they end up and what the world would have started to look like. Wish Thomas would write more book for this series or create a new exciting series based on angels again... sad that this book was the final one in the series, was a great series to read and very different from other angel series.
VINE VOICEon November 10, 2003
I'm not an easy person to please when it comes to books. There are many fantasy books that I have started to read and put down because both the hero and the villain were too cliché and predictable or because the descriptions didn't meet my expectations. When I picked up Fallen for the first time, I didn't expect it to be the series that I'd be counting the days till the next book is published, but it was just that.
The characters are very well developed and evolve in unexpected ways throughout the story. Aaron, the protagonist, grows as he learns to understand and control his angelic nature.My personal favorite, former Powers leader, Camael shows great determination to end the violence and help Aaron on the path of his destiny. Gabriel, the Labrador retriever, is the much-needed comedy relief, but his loyalty is second to none. The villain, Verchiel, differs from the classical "Big Evil" of books because he believes that what he's doing is really the will of God. His determination makes him a very powerful character.
I think Fallen also sends a message of hope. The hope that all of us can be forgiven and can redeem ourselves. After all, don't we all want to forgiveness for something?
on October 31, 2011
This book is pretty well written. The author has already caught me in the past two books in this series, and the characters were what brought me to this book. There is a lot less character development in this book than the previous entries, which is understandable considering it is the third book, but I am left wanting to learn more about the newer characters. Also the story seems tacked on at the end of the series, just because. Now don't take this as a discount of the story itself because it is exciting and engaging. Overall this is a great short read, especially if you have already read the others.
on December 3, 2009
I guess I am that person on the boards who just discovered what everyone else has already seen and talked about a long time ago and moved on.

I discovered Thomas Sniegoski when I bought one of those anthology books because Charlaine Harris and Jim Butcher were in it. The only other author who impressed me in that book was Sniegoski. I loved his style. In fact, it sounded familiar to me... so, look through Google and Amazon search, and I found out why. Buffy, Hellboy ... I've been a fan of Sniegoski for a long time!!

The Remy Chandler series and now this series have completely charmed me!
Dancing on the Head of a Pin: A Remy Chandler Novel
A Kiss Before the Apocalypse: A Remy Chandler Novel
The Fallen

The Fallen series is clearly pitched at a young adult audience. No problem. I can enjoy that, even though it's been a while since I was a young adult!

This series has lots of heart, and is "Biblically Correct" often enough that it doesn't make me cringe with stupid, amateurish, Hollywoodish, ignorant angelic "stuff". Yes, this is all just fantasy stories, but still... fantasy/scifi has to have SOME basis in fact to be any good. Sniegoski did his homework about angels and uses all of that rich tradition to tell classic human stories.

I like this one. I like it a lot. I'd recommend it to anyone of any age.

They're wholesome, tense, scary, satisfying.

I love this Sniegoski guy!

And, BTW - these "Fallen" books were made into a TV movie, with a cast of really familiar faces I've seen on tv this season! (Vampire Diaries, Eyes)

Here's a quote from his website:
"All by himself, Tom wrote a four-book series called The Fallen, and these books were actually the basis for the ABC Family Channel mini-series by the same name in 2006-2007. Right now, he is writing two new middle grade series - Billy Hooten: Owlboy for Delacorte and The Brimstone Network for Aladdin. His wife hopes these will be optioned too. His wife thinks his first solo adult novel, A Kiss Before the Apocalypse, is the best book he's ever written. Dancing on the Head of a Pin, the sequel to A Kiss Before the Apocalypse, came out in April 2009. His newest release as of October 2009 is Legacy, a novel which answers the age-old question: What if you found out your deadbeat father is a superhero?"

Absolutely entertaining reading.

You can still get the ABC Family Channel mini-series on iTunes.

Yes, I shelled out for that, too. This is the price a person has to pay when they're LATE to the party! I REALLY WISH ABC Family had advertised this mini-series better - I would have been there if I'd seen even ONE advertisement for it.

Whatever.

Don't just get this one book - you'll want the whole series, so just buy it all NOW! Buy all the Remy Chandler series, too. Go ahead. You know you'll want to read those, too. You'll want to read them more than one time.
on July 10, 2017
Nice undamaged readable book .
on April 10, 2013
I'm writing this review for those who are looking for a story that will keep you captivated.

I started reading this story over the summer of 2012 and have been amazed at how much this series has captured my attention.

Mr. Sniegoski has a writing style that is so descriptive, you can't help but imagine every scene in your head. Even though he writes for young adults, I think people of all ages will appreciate this series.

I cannot wait for the The Fallen 5: Armageddon to hit the bookshelves. All good things must come to an end, unfortunately, but I think carrying this story any further than the 5th book would damage the story.

I highly recommend this book for people of all ages. Don't pass up the chance to let your imagination run wild
on July 22, 2017
Good book
on October 7, 2007
After seeing the T.V. mini-series that was based on this book, I decided to purchase the books too. I was captivated by each book & finished reading them either the same day or within 2 days. I found the books to be more interesting than the t.v.seris (abeit a little more bloodier). But the plot was well done & kept me interested to see what would happen next.
Unfortunately some religious zealots will find this whole plot offending to their bibles. The books like the t/v. series was meant for pure entertainment purposes (not as a documentary of the fallen angels).
The center character Aaron Corbet, a teenager finds out after reaching puberty that strange things start happening to him. He is told that he's part human and part angel. He struggles to accept the duality of his human and angelic natures within to try to create a working harmony for both. Along his journey he finds that he is able to forgive the sins of the fallen angels who've been banished to earth, he has the ability to return them to heaven. However, he's on the run, from the angelic powers who see him as an abomination in the eyes of God who must be destroyed. The plot thickens as some angels try to help him in his journey.
If you like angels and fantasy, then you'll like these books . . .
on January 4, 2017