Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 16 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 21 reviews
on April 15, 2017
This contains so many fabulous recipes! Many things that you might not think you could make from scratch without generations of know-how are compiled into this handy go-to cookbook. I find the layout of the book somewhat confusing in terms of finding what you're looking for as it is laid out according to seasons/months of the year. But all recipes are listed in the contents list at the book, so you can find things that way. It is a very interesting read with great recipes
on November 14, 2011
This is gorgeous cookbook, and a true delight. Having been fortunate enough to have been Marie's neighbor in the nineties in Brattleboro, Vermont, I can testify to the deliciousness of her food, her skill and craft, as well as amazing knowledge. I have the true pleasure of tasting many of both her mother's recipes and her's firsthand and can testify to their scrumptiousness. The book is also beautifully laid out with many beautiful full color images, as well as having a love format following the New England seasons month to month. Living in California, as I do, I know that when I pick up this book and try out a recipe I'll be evoking another time and place, as well as providing my family with perfect repasts. I love the emphasis on farm raised, local, and seasonal. It won't take much to adapt it to my own locale. Its usefulness surpasses borders.

I couldn't have gotten this book at a better time. I'm going to try out Marie's method for roasting a turkey, make some cardemom bread, and generally revel in its many flavors.
on August 2, 2016
This book is the best practical investment in "how to" information I've found in many years. I grew up helping my grandmother on the farm way back when to make catchup and other basics that we take for granted will be in the grocery store these days. Cutting back to more home made and home maintained dietary options, I've found so much that I can make. The cheese recipes alone are fabulous and easy.
on December 15, 2013
I have used many of the recipies in this book, and have given oit as a gift to some of my friends.

The layout, which is to show recipes by season, in the rural american landscape, is unique, and fun. Very well written.
on March 18, 2015
Full of delightful recipes and pleasant short reminiscences about life growing up on a farm. The recipes are organized by the month, each month featuring foods easily available during that month. Within each month's sections, they have breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert recipes, along with occasional drinks!
on March 2, 2013
I originally found this book at my local library. I must have rechecked it three or four times before finally deciding to purchase it. Tons of awesome recipes for almost any dish you can think of, and handy tips on preserving, pickling--even some home remedies in the very back. I highly recommend it for beginners and more experienced cooks.
on October 24, 2013
great cookbook--and I have many!! It's laid out really nicely--has meals together--and per season......really cool book. easy to understand and organized well.
on October 26, 2016
Great product and seller!
on October 11, 2012
Very nice cookbook, recipes are easy to use and turn out very well. I have made bread, ice cream, different meals and desserts alike! LOVE the way the book is setup!

on August 22, 2016