Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Format: Blu-ray|Change

Showing 1-10 of 440 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 598 reviews
on April 20, 2017
Magical white boy combines being the physically buffest and oldest looking highschool student ever with having the emotional maturity of a 12 year old who's just discovered anti-parental-authority and anti-spinach subreddits.

Despite having no redeeming qualities whatsoever and the cultural transplant sensitivity of a plastic spork (not that it matters since I guess the writers also just didn't understand how things in Japan or on planet earth actually work), he somehow doesn't get murdered even when (incredibly laid back and obsessively dumb) yakuza are involved and of course gets the hot girl and admiration of all while drifting in a vehicle that was not made to drift for the final element of the 'couldn't even just turn brain off to like it trifecta'.

So basically yes, wish fulfillment movie but just done a lot less charmingly than all other FatF movies, and with less character/cast chemistry than you'd get by mixing baking powder and baking soda together in the kitchen. Not even the race sequences or shiny subculture fashionistas could save it.
on August 12, 2013
Upon revisiting this entry, I ultimately found it a bit less exciting than the others, but.. I still liked it. It's quite different from the others, and really stands out with portrayed Tokyo racing style. If you're a fan of the series, you should definitely watch it.
on January 2, 2015
I wanted to watch a movie with lots of cool drifting and modified Japanese cars. This move delivers those things but the story is a bit silly. (mild spoilers) There are things about this movie that don't make a lot of sense. The hero has nothing to bargain with at the end yet we are supposed to think the mob guys want to make a deal. Deal for what?? Also as fun as it was to watch, Ford Mustangs probably make terrible drift cars. It looked so out of control in most shots. And doesn't the guy who dies in this movie come back in one of the sequels? There are some great racing shots and cars in this movie but don't expect much more.
on April 23, 2017
This movie is terrible, first of all it doesn't have the main characters in it, and make sure you don't buy it twice, because it costs $23.00. Also, it is very very boring and blurry and it is not our internet it is the movie.
on February 4, 2016
A lot of fun, but should be watched at the end of the sequence, given the characters and their "connections".
on August 9, 2013
I love the first F&F movie. I didn't see this when it came out as I thought the trailer looked pretty bad. Over the years I have had several people rave about how great this movie was, telling me how I had to see it because of its awesomeness. So, I finally rented it and I thought it was pretty bad. The main character is a dick and the whole movie I was just thinking that he should treat his folks better and stop being such a punk douche. Then after they set him up for being a douche they try to make you care for him... No, he is douche, I will not care for a douche. Seeing that the only honorable characters in this movie were his folks, I was not emotionally invested at all. Some of the cars were super cool to look at, and some of the drifting was good, but a lot of the drifting was also poor looking special effects... I recommend just revisiting the first movie, don't bother with this. This movie is on par with F&F 2 which is also a terrible movie.
on March 7, 2013
confusing, but nice twist. Definitely a must see.

I hope they tie this one in somewhere else along the line but it could be a cool spin off
on February 9, 2013
This is my son's favorite movie so I bought him several copies for christmas. A fast action-packed movie that keeps going faster and faster.
on November 12, 2016
Love it!
on June 18, 2015
This is the worst film in the Fast and Furious franchise. Drifting is just not that interesting to me. The film starts off with plenty of action. It slows momentum when it moves to Tokyo and it never regains it's fast pace. This film is a must see if you love the franchise. A major character in the Fast and Furious films is murdered in this film and it sets the tone for part seven. Recommended for fans of the series.