Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,937 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,247 reviews
on February 7, 2015
This movie is absolutely realistic. My daughter has been fighting cancer for the past three years and this really hit home. I felt empathy and understanding throughout the entire movie. During my daughters fight with cancer we have witnessed young love between cancer patients and it truly is tragic and beautiful.
on October 11, 2014
..or thats what I did anyway. But if you are wondering .. there are a zillion other romantic movies built along the same lines (P.S. I love you, Autumn in NewYork..etc etc ...) you are most definitey right. But this movie (book) does so much more... there is so much of drama and the brutality of truth that you almost forget about the romance. Not that it has got any surprises. I pretty much figured out what was going to happen within the first 30 mins or so but still kept on watching...

The book has terrific oneliners and full of funny and sarcastic throws that adds a zing in the mix. But speakin for myself I completely fell in love with the math. Hazel, I am guessing is the bigger infinity and Gus (her lover) was the slightly smaller infinity, and between them they had this tiny little infinity which just went on forever. Its not hard to feel pity for Peter Van Hauten, but if I was intelligent I woud say he was Cancer himself. But I am happy feeling angry at him.

The movie however .. although it followed the book as close as possible (really close) got a whole new character .. thanks a lot to Shailene Woodley. She is impeccable. But the drama was so dramatic ... one scene .. I would humbly say reminded me of the you-tubed version of Charlie Chaplins Great Dictator speech .. the one with the Inception soundtrack etc..it felt that good. The movie literally comes out of the screen and grabs you by the collar and says ..Celebrate life you idiots.

I felt the movie(not the book) was incomplete. What happens to Hazel? I see a funeral...everyone leaves .. save for Peter Van Houten .. drunk .. sad .. raising his flask....(aaahh dont we like a good tragedy )

I also see life.. a full remission ... the American girl with the Dutch Tulip Man (a really old and really sober Tulip man ) ..and maybe Sissyphus too :)
on June 29, 2017
I put off watching the Fault In Our Stars for years because of the subject matter being of a sad nature. This is just my personal opinion but I believe the viewer needs to be in the right mindset and mood to watch this movie because it is heavy with emotions, but the story is extremely meaningful and I guarantee this movie will touch your heart. The acting is superb, it has every kind of emotion, happy & sad. Very much worth the time to watch!
on April 3, 2017
Great movie for a great book. I really really enjoyed the book and I am so happy that the movie was almost just as good. The actors were great and really got into their roles. If you are looking for a sappy love story that has its sad parts this movie would be for you.
on June 9, 2017
I watched the movie because I read the book. I read the book because I was familiar with the author via the vlog he and his brother Hank have been doing for a long time and I like both of them. Generating enthusiasm for reading a book about a teenage girl with cancer who falls in love with a boy who lost one leg to cancer is an impossible task, but the people will draw you in and hold you there and help you to learn some useful lessons in ways that will move you tears and help you to laugh through them. The story is about how good life can be in spite of how bad it can seem. I am grateful for having gotten to know these characters and the intersection of their lives.
on March 1, 2017
I wanted a movie that would make me cry, and this delivered. I ugly cried throughout this movie. The characters are really good and there were some unexpected twists for me. I thought it was beautifully done and the story unfolds with good pacing. The movie streamed without buffering or delays on my PS3, and no pixelation throughout the movie. This is one I'd consider purchasing on DVD to watch special features. The captioning on the TV did not affect or distract from the movie.
on April 27, 2017
This is one of most beautiful movies but saddest movie to me..I say this because Hazel and Gus love,time,affection,and trip was the most beautiful times they shared with each other,but It was saddest for them also cause Gus couldn't live a longer life with Hazel and eventually Hazel would die to.Also,had pently people in my family die from cancer in real life but they got to live past their 40's,get married,have kids,and grandchildren,So to me the their journey in life was great but people who only get to live to see (8),(16),or (20)well that's got to be the one of the deepest,and hardest pains for families to deal with.Lastly,I would rather feel,have,and know what is to love someone like Hazel and Gus then to never know at all
on April 28, 2017
My wife and I were not expecting to like this movie, really (we didn't feel we were the demographic), but watched it on the advice of our daughters. What a pleasant, if bittersweet surprise! I don't want to give away much, but this coming-of-age / romance dealt with the issue of chronic, life-threatening illness with sensitivity and thoughtfulness. We now own a copy.
on September 18, 2014
This review is for the Little Infinities Edition.
First off, if you love the movie and are a fan to begin with I don't think you'll be disappointed. The cover sleeve/cover looked really pretty. There is one regular dvd disc and one blu ray disc, with each of them including both the theatrical and extended versions of the film. Inside also includes a limited edition of a Fault in Our Stars bracelet. I personally don't like the bracelet too much but it is a decent souvenir. The bracelet includes the "Okay" and a few other quotes along with the year 2014 shown on it, which is a nice touch. My only little complaint is that if you want to see Deleted Scenes and a few other things, you would have to view them on the blu ray disc as these features aren't included on the regular dvd disc. This could be a minor issue for those who don't have a blu ray player. Oh, and there's also a paper with a redeemable code to put on your computer or any other device. So the description is accurate. Other than that, I'm happy that it is finally on my dvd collection!
on October 3, 2014
I was traveling down to florida, a long 12 hour journey ahead of me, I found myself with a perfect opportunity to listen to my audio book of The Fault in Our Stars. I had heard so many raves about TFIOS, and that even though it was in a genre I normally don't read, I was feeling very tempted to try it out.... I AM SO GLAD I DID. I loved it so much I didn't want my trip to end, I just wanted to continuously drive until it was done.

I don't want to give away too much of the story because I was pleasantly surprised that the plot was still very much a surprise to me. Even though everyone talks about this book and there are endless movie trailers for TFIOS, I was very surprised that they did not give away the plot for the book. TFIOS follows Hazel, as a young girl suffering from lung cancer, and Hazel meets Augustus at a group meeting. TFIOS follows these two as they battle cancer, friendship, and living each day like it might be your last.

The situations that Hazel and Gus deal with, no matter how difficult, are met with humor, sarcasm and wit. They both had a way of handling their hard situations with words that was just... perfect! I personally don't have the words to describe it, but I have no doubt that Hazel and Gus would !

About the Audio Book.
I don't have too much experience with listening to audio books. I have listened to a few, however this was hands down the BEST AUDIO BOOK I HAVE EVER READ LISTENED TO. I didn't think it made a difference on who the audio book was read by, I was wrong! TFIOS was read by Kate Rudd and it was extremely easy to listen to. I felt like she embodied the spirit of Hazel and read every line with as much wit and sarcasm that each line deserved. I listened to this audiobook as easily as I could watch a movie. I laughed, I cried, It was an amazing experience and I highly recommend this audiobook, and any audiobooks that Kate Rudd read whole heartedly.