Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Customer reviews

76%
24%
Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 10 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 21 reviews
on January 30, 2017
If you are interested in learning about Cesar Chavez or you work with a labor organization this would be a one to read. I work in a new type of labor organization and I love learning about Cesar and the labor issues that they have had and still dealing with.
on March 2, 2014
I didn't know a lot about unions and the labor movement, prior to reading this book. This book was extremely informative! I read it for a class, but learned so much about the history of unions in my home state of California. In addition, my current employer has a union and it helped me more fully understand how a union functions.
on May 1, 2016
An amazing book on one of the most influential Xicano leaders if our times. Very thorough with historical and behind-the-scenes facts
on February 20, 2017
great quality and great read
on March 10, 2015
Great text for beginners! I was assigned this textbook for my Chicano studies class and I can actually say I enjoyed reading through this and have learned a lot!
on August 22, 2013
I was fortunate enough to contact a woman who was featured in this book. Our library hosted a program and she and 2 other women were the guest speakers. Wonderful book that needs to be in every library collection.
on April 23, 2014
I am enjoying what I learned in southwestern history in college. It is a very informative book and have it out.

Anne Stickles
on August 23, 2015
Informative
on July 21, 2005
This is a book based upon the successful PBS/Sundance Film of the same name. While it has several wonderful attributes (some excellent and rare pictures), it does not stand up to the earlier work of London and Anderson in So Shall Ye Reap. In reality, this is more of a biography of Cesar Chavez than a careful review of agricultural labor history. In the end, I would buy it again/
on November 3, 2006
This is a well written book and is fun to read.