Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Alexa on Mobile PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 11-20 of 193 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 265 reviews
on April 17, 2012
I have been a fan of Danielle LaPorte for several years. There are few people I follow where I read everything they write. Danielle is one of those people. She is consistently raising her own bar. She speaks from such a place of integrity, and she clearly does what she does because she wants to support people. These characteristics matter to me. I want real, honest, raw. No spin, no clever tricks. Danielle offers the raw and real, and she writes in a way that cracks open convention.

W.H. Auden said "Some writers confuse authenticity, which they ought always to aim at, with originality, which they should never bother about."

Danielle's voice is one of great authenticity. This is what she consistently gets my attention.

I was fortunate to get an advanced copy of the Firestarter Sessions. I have been working my way through the book, applying every question to my own life. Personal mastery has always been something I am deeply committed to, and if anything, this book is about supporting personal mastery. I have particularly loved the sections on how you want your life to feel, and the dream funeral.(a ritual to retire no longer wanted dreams, as well as other redundant thinking.)

Aesthetically, the book is beautifully designed..which doesn't surprise me at all. Danielle has a very sharp design ethic.

More than anything, the spirit of Danielle comes through this book. It is as if she is in the room with you, challenging at times, encouraging, inspiring....you absolutely get that she wants you to have success on your terms. I can hear her saying..you go girl.

Buy the book, and give it to your friends. We want and need a whole lot of fires started in people for all the right reasons. People going out there and doing their unique thing in a way that adds value to the world. Whats not to love about that?
on December 8, 2015
Wow, this book was incredible. Danielle is able to connect with you as a reader in no way I've encountered before. Her thoughts are well articulated and put in easy to understand amd resonate with phrases. Thank you Danielle for your beautiful passions in life.
on July 20, 2015
Wish I had this book the day I walked out of high school. But perfect for my mid life crisis. Has me looking at what's important, what I really want, how I want to feel and knowing who I really am underneath the labels of wife/daughter/friend and the daily obligations of a badly fitting day job. Has me dreaming big and believing in the drams that ached in my heart that I once thought impossible. Love Danielle's Truth Bomb series and blog posts. She's like a modern soulful religion for a creative dreamer like me.
on April 17, 2012
I got in on her PWYCD (Pay What You Can Day) promo back in January, and was anticipating this book when I ordered The Spark Kit. Amazon kept bumping the day back for the release, and I thought something was wrong with my Kindle, but now I have it, and am grateful.

This is the deal, folks. Most of us have been spending WAAAAAAY too much time in our heads and so little time in our feelings that we don't even know what they are. How do you want to feel is one of those questions that leaves most people stumped. We all know what we SHOULD think, but the domain of the feelings is ours alone. No one can make us feel anything. They can influence our thoughts, but our feelings are OUR PLACE! Find them, and you find your answer, and Ms. LaPorte can kick you in that direction, boldly and with a brain. Being neither Spock nor some hyper woo-woo, tinkly music, Kleenex supporting "guru," Ms. LaPorte has cred that feels and sounds right.
on August 25, 2014
Danielle's writing style is something you are either going to love, or not love. I happen to LOVE it. It is fresh, unique and interesting. It's not your typical rah-rah, self help book, but truly inspires you to find your inner fire–that thing that just lights you up. This book was one of the biggest reasons I was able to write, finish and publish my first book, The 2 Choices. Fire Starter Sessions is well worth your time and money!
on April 17, 2012
Danielle LaPorte's work is about so much more than pandering to some affirmations and calling it a day. She doesn't want you to just feel light n' fluffy--she also wants you to see the results you want to see, whether that's cash in hand, achieving a long-awaited dream, or simply living in the satisfaction of having played life right up to your own personal edge, and then risked going even beyond that.

The Fire Starter Sessions gets real, gets human, gets pragmatic, and then adds in the right amount of soul. This isn't just a book, it's a game-changer--which is apparent from the beginning when she writes, "We're going to consider the contradictions that make you so gorgeously multi-dimensional but aren't so easy to reconcile."

--I read that, and it's a breath of fresh air--she's not going to sell me on a 1-2-3 plan for fitting into some kind of pre-cast mold of success (thank god).

This is success on your own terms--so if you're already thinking that that must be impossible, all the more reason to grab this book and grab it, now.
on January 23, 2013
WOW!! I simply cannot say enough about this book. In a nutshell, this past year I have found myself off of the path of what makes me hum, and many things (included fear) have kept me from going after the career that truly brings me joy. This book could not have come at a better time in my life. Witty, thought provoking, self effacing and at times laugh out loud funny, there were parts of this book that literally gave me chills, they resonated so deeply with me. At the end of each session, there are exercises to do to help you incorporate each session into your own life; I actually chose to read the entire book first, then go back and re-read it again...and now, on my third reading I am working on the exercises. I was simultaneously hoping the book would never end, and feeling like I couldn't read it fast enough, with all the incredible insight it gave me. A true gem. I have since given this book to my best girlfriend, who also agrees...this book really will ignite your inner fire! A must own!
on May 1, 2017
It's more like a coffee table book you can flip through than a book full of text.
"I ate this up like a 3:00 p.m. sugar fix!" The combination of inspiration, resonation, poetry, quotes and pure, amazing creative genius in this book prevented me from doing much else for a day or two. I wish I had written it. I can't wait to meet Danielle one day and show her that her stuff works!
on September 26, 2012
This book came up on someone's list of best business books for entrepreneurs. It reminded me of many other life coaching books such as Julia Cameron's The Artist's Way (in fact some of the exercises are very similar to Cameron's) and some of the other new age books that were popular in the 90s. The author has a chick-in-the-know writing style which is cute....but honestly I could skip right through the personal life story stuff. The best sections for me are the questions/exercises. Her experiences in business will probably resonate with any woman who's been in the work world for awhile...for a surprisingly helpful point of view I'd also recommend Martha Stewart's The Martha Rules with great business-savvy suggestions for business owners.
I read it through very quickly (yeah it's one of those breezy books you can zip right through) but I am now going back and writing out selected questions to think about and talk about with others.
The author argues against 'balance' which is somewhat provocative in our life-work-balance obsessed society (ironically everyone's after it and few seem to have mastered it) in favor of passion...personally I think passion is overrated as well. But anyone working toward a more rewarding business and personal life can get something out of this as a guide to more fulfilling days at work.