Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Noah Gundersen PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now FFII_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 416 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 958 reviews
on March 13, 2016
I simply love John Grisham however, I think this book went on and on. I probably felt that way because I was so anxious to see how the plan played out. I think it was brilliant how Mitch uncovered the crime and corruptions of The Firm. I saw the movie and it was really intense but the book was so much better and I also felt the intensity in the book as well. I love going to the movies but I think the book is always better..
on August 19, 2016
Couldn't put it down. First John Grisham book I've read, and I've gotta say the guy really knows how to make you forget you are even reading a book. I found myself mad when I had to put the book down to drive home from work XD.

The first half is an awesome slow burn, with all of the firms strange actions and unanswered questions about them. The second half is pure thriller. I'd recommend.
on March 8, 2017
Slightly different from the film and just as fun. Not the sort of book of normally read, but the copy I started on was the only thing available to read I had. A happy happenstance as it turns out.
on September 7, 2016
Liked this book a lot. Lots of twists and turns. The main character started out sounding conceited and self centered. He soon took a turn that I did not see coming. Great character development and lots of thoughtful insight into nature of people and the greed that is prevalent in our society. '

I was a bit disappointed in the final couple of pages.... would have liked to see the main character's rehashing of the events and such. It left me rather flat on the last couple of pages.
on August 23, 2016
Just as great now as it was 30(?) years ago, but this time I did not have to race frantically through it to find out what would happen next. I could slooowly savor the build up of the story. Of course, *knowing* that McDeere = Cruise, Tolar = Hackman, and Tammy = Hunter only helped my mind picture everything.
on December 26, 2013
I have recently begun rereading John Grisham’s novels. I had read John Grisham’s first novel “A Time to Kill” right after it came out just over 20 years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. I went on to read many of his novels. When I learned that he had just released a sequel to “A Time to Kill,” I decided to reread that novel before reading “Sycamore Row.” After “Sycamore Row,” I was once more thoroughly hooked on his novels and decided to read “The Firm.”
I found “The Firm” to be totally engaging and a real page-turner. I have only a few minor criticisms. I was more than a little surprised when Tammy made that phone call from the condo. Surely, they should have known that calls might be monitored. Also, it was not clear to me when Mitch had been able to cobble together the transfer of money and the series of motels during their escape. Even so, I enjoyed the book and would recommend it to anyone interested in legal thrillers.
on September 5, 2016
If you like mystery and suspense in a story you feel part of, then this novel by John Grisham is what you were waiting for . It will keep you reading non stop.
on September 30, 2016
The writer has an excellent reputation. He has another good s uspence filled story. I would like to have the ending stretched out a little more.
on April 4, 2012
I read this book years ago when it was first published and stood outside in a long movie line on a Friday night when it first premiered. I am happy to read this again years later on my Kindle and now I remember why I am such a fan of legal thrillers, and of John Grisham's, in particular. I was drawn in immediately from the first page to the last and could not put the book down! I tried putting myself in Mitch's shoes: Would I continue working at the firm and hoping against hope that I could earn as much as I could before making a clean break and it all came tumbling down? Or, would I cooperate with the Feds while being extremely careful? Not to mention my every move and conversation is being monitored. If Mitch were a single man, the decision would have been easier, but he has a wife to worry about. I also like the fact that the main character isn't so gloriously perfect that he comes across as unrealistically noble. He has flaws and does some things that are unethical and downright immoral; yet, I was still rooting for him. The way the book ended made me a little curious about what happened to the McDeeres. However, I'm still not sure if I will watch the television show or simply leave the rest to my imagination. All in all, this was a great book!
on May 19, 2016
Of all the John Grisham novels I have read, The Firm is the most interesting, exciting, action-packed, .... The recent revelations in the Panama Papers show that the novel is not just fiction for our entertainment. It is a literary exposition of the extreme greed, sharp practices, inordinate ambition with no regard to human life, and other condemnable vices prevailing in some banks and other financial institutions. The Firm throws some light on Mossack Fonseca.